Dual battery removal

dukeANhammer

dukeANhammer

Nov 18, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So i have the dual battery setup and was wondering if the extra battery is removed, will the machine still start? The starter relay is buzzing?

Last edited:
Reactions: ChadD and Backwoods
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
11.8 is pretty much dead as far as I know. How long was it sitting? You might have a parasitic draw necessitating a trickle charger between uses.

OIP

dukeANhammer

dukeANhammer

Nov 18, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How old are they and was the buggy sitting for an extended period? Unless both are 'really' old, I find it hard to believe that both died together.
It’s a 2019, i put the dual battery on it about 1 year ago. It might get run once a month but is garage kept with a battery tender. The secondary battery is a Amazon special, gel battery. I find it hard to believe myself, I’ve noticed a glowing led on part of the dual battery kit, i believe i ordered from this site.

Reactions: Backwoods
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
It’s a 2019, i put the dual battery on it about 1 year ago. It might get run once a month but is garage kept with a battery tender. The secondary battery is a Amazon special, gel battery. I find it hard to believe myself, I’ve noticed a glowing led on part of the dual battery kit, i believe i ordered from this site.
If it's a True isolator, that blue glowing LED tells you the primary battery is fully charged and the isolator has connected the second battery to the charging circuit.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!