P1000 Dual Voltmeter & Dash light help!?

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
thoughts?
The radio may have two positive wires, one for "keep alive" for memory, the other for operation. The keep alive would normally go to always on power, and preferably not the battery that powers the winch, as that can get sucked way down.

For powering the radio on, you can use two diodes. Both banded (negative or cathode) ends will go to the radio's positive power-on wire. The anode (no band) end of each diode will go to positive voltage, usually ignition switched for one of them, and aux switched aux power for the other. It will behave thusly:

If the radio is turned on, it will come on with key on. If the "radio aux" switch is turned on, the radio will play with that switch on irrespective of key on or off. Neither battery can feed into the other. If the aux power radio switch is left on and the key on is turned on, the radio can take power from either battery (mostly favoring the one with higher voltage), but even so, it won't cause a back feed . . . if the key is turned off, the radio will stay on until the radio aux switch is turned off (or the aux battery is drained!)

Reactions: Darby
D

Darby

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2016
Salem, Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I got myself a problem.... maybe one of You have an idea? With the wiring i'm doing... all of a sudden my headlights are not working... I'm pretty sure the issue is around the fusebox I played with to tap into the rear lights.... No fuses are out that I can tell .. but the rear lights work fine on either high or low beam.. the tap works fine (as the LED's that are tied into them work) - however, messing with the wires a bit... on low beam one of the headights will come on... and sometimes the other headlight comes on (not at the same time though) - but never the high beams. just a little jostling i lose light that is momentarily on.... And for the life of me, I can't see a "loose wire"... There seems to be no rhyme or reason to what is making the "connection", and then losing it... and Hi Beams not coming on at all... Can't see that any other system is affected. Starts fine, etc...
Been doing lots of wiring, and testing of lights and things.... but none of it, (after tapping into the rear lights for a very small drain LEDs) has to do with headlights or "lights on" wiring. Haven't installed 2nd battery yet... so all "testing" has been on main battery.... Just not sure what the problem is here, or how to fix it!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!