P1000 duel battery setup

C

Cdbformula

Aug 14, 2020
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
good morning, I am installing the true duel battery setup and need some guidance on the volt meters. I want all the accessories to turn on with the switches and not be connected to key on power. Can I run the feeds for the volt meters from the true isolater?

Reactions: Lady01
C

Cdbformula

Aug 14, 2020
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where did you ground volt meter? The directions state an ignition activated ground.

C

Cdbformula

Aug 14, 2020
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the replies. I didn't pay enough attention to the directions to know I needed to use the relay. I got it all going now.

Reactions: Lady01 and CID
Wellzy

Wellzy

Dec 9, 2020
SW Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello,

I am in the same boat as you. I have dual batteries, and my Aux batt powers a fuse box that does NOT have a Stinger to turn it on, it's always hot. I want volt meters for both my batteries, and would power them from the Isolator. This would cause them to be always on, so I want to switch the grounds. If both the grounds connect to a switch to kill the cycle, i could turn them both on with one switch correct? Power from the batteries, disconnect he grounds.

Then, if this is how I do it, I will not be sure how to wire a rocker switch that lights up when they are on. To keep the switch from being lit up constantly as well.

Thanks for any assistance.

IMG 8544

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello,

I am in the same boat as you. I have dual batteries, and my Aux batt powers a fuse box that does NOT have a Stinger to turn it on, it's always hot. I want volt meters for both my batteries, and would power them from the Isolator. This would cause them to be always on, so I want to switch the grounds. If both the grounds connect to a switch to kill the cycle, i could turn them both on with one switch correct? Power from the batteries, disconnect he grounds.

Then, if this is how I do it, I will not be sure how to wire a rocker switch that lights up when they are on. To keep the switch from being lit up constantly as well.

Thanks for any assistance.

View attachment 260894 Just
A ground relay and a 5 pin that is only illuminated when it’s on will give you the same function. You can just wire it like anything else.

Reactions: Wellzy

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!