P700 Dust management on 700-4: windshield, rear window, top questions

K

krel

May 20, 2021
AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
We just purchased a new 700-4 deluxe and I am looking for some information on a few accessories given my intended use and environment; this is the first UTV I've owned, but I've done a fair amount of off-roading and I'm pretty capable mechanically, I have no concerns maintaining and modifying this thing.

It will be used mostly in northeast Arizona - Show Low area. 7000 ft elevation, pine forest, pretty dry. Not a lot of rain, only about 14-15 inches a year, and lots of sunny days, so keeping out the water isn't a huge issue, but dust is a big one.

As far as usage, mostly recreational. Lots of dry and dusty forest roads, a bit of rocky stuff but probably not much in the way of actual technical trail runs. Probably won't see a lot of mud. The rear seats will be heavily used.

Given that it did not come with a top, windshield, or rear window, I'm trying to figure out the best way to go. I think either a half windshield or a flip-up one is what we'd like, not the fold-down to the hood type. From what I'm seeing in regards to dust, if you have a windshield you really want a rear window as well so the dust doesn't swirl around the windshield so much? I think we'd like a rear window at the very back behind the bed given we're going to be using the rear seats frequently, and I'm not sure what the options are for that; it seems like most of the rear windows are actually intended to go right behind the front seats? I've seen a couple soft ones for the very back, is that the best option?

Finally, for the top, I want something that can be taken off easily and put back on. I'm leaning towards a soft top so we could pull it off on the trail or put it back on for sunshade. I realize a soft top won't last nearly as long as a hard top and will probably get replaced every couple years, I'm ok with that.

So, any thoughts on those parts? Recommended parts or manufactures, or ones to stay away from?

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
First and foremost welcome from 48353.
Now I would suggest that you spend some time researching and reading then come to a conclusion on your own.
It has been discussed ad-nauseum there is more information from even the last 24 hours.
Good luck.
Glock

Last edited:
RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Tempe, AZ , We might get 2 inches a rain a year. So What we found - We put a half windshield on from and a full window on back. and no dust or very little. yes we also have a top on it.

K

krel

May 20, 2021
AZ
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome from Tempe, AZ , We might get 2 inches a rain a year. So What we found - We put a half windshield on from and a full window on back. and no dust or very little. yes we also have a top on it.
ok, good deal - that's what we're looking for, basically.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!