P1000 "E" Flashing......"2" Flashing.

Rincon

Rincon

Jul 27, 2017
Yuba City, North California.State Of Jefferson
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So today my Brother, his son, and mine took both of our Pioneer 1000-5's up into the Sierras to set up our trail cameras for the upcoming archery season. Well, 15 minutes into our ride, we head up a steep hill, I'm in the lead. Climbing just fine, Brother trailing 30 yards behind, and my Pioneer just shuts down! We are up about 6000', in BFE and the trusty Honda just dies! WTH?!?!?! We mess around with disconnecting the primary battery, I run two with a TRUE Isolator. Well, I disconnect the primary, and try to drain any residual EMF's by trying to start it, and it starts!?!?! WTF? Disconnect both batteries, hook them bak up, still the same problem, "E" flashing, then "2" flashing. Well, we drive 5 miles to where we know we can get minimal cell phone reception, and get 1.5 bars of 4G I search this forum and found a fix! I just had the clutch recall done..............dealership didn't plug the electrical harness in all the way by the clutch! It pulled right apart, then we pushed it back together, and machine ran fine! Just thought I post this for future searches.

C

Chris1966

Sep 4, 2018
Spokane Wa
Ownership

1. 700-2
So today my Brother, his son, and mine took both of our Pioneer 1000-5's up into the Sierras to set up our trail cameras for the upcoming archery season. Well, 15 minutes into our ride, we head up a steep hill, I'm in the lead. Climbing just fine, Brother trailing 30 yards behind, and my Pioneer just shuts down! We are up about 6000', in BFE and the trusty Honda just dies! WTH?!?!?! We mess around with disconnecting the primary battery, I run two with a TRUE Isolator. Well, I disconnect the primary, and try to drain any residual EMF's by trying to start it, and it starts!?!?! WTF? Disconnect both batteries, hook them bak up, still the same problem, "E" flashing, then "2" flashing. Well, we drive 5 miles to where we know we can get minimal cell phone reception, and get 1.5 bars of 4G I search this forum and found a fix! I just had the clutch recall done..............dealership didn't plug the electrical harness in all the way by the clutch! It pulled right apart, then we pushed it back together, and machine ran fine! Just thought I post this for future searches.

C

Chris1966

Sep 4, 2018
Spokane Wa
Ownership

1. 700-2
I am having the same problem, I brought it into Honda last spring and had them go through the the whole machine and fix this exact problem. I suggested they look at the online forums for the fix and they discounted that notion abruptly and guess what first ride out and the machine dies. This little service costed almost $800.00 so to say the least I wasn’t happy but they did change the oil. I am going to look at that connector around the clutch and see if that is the problem. Thanks

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I am having the same problem, I brought it into Honda last spring and had them go through the the whole machine and fix this exact problem. I suggested they look at the online forums for the fix and they discounted that notion abruptly and guess what first ride out and the machine dies. This little service costed almost $800.00 so to say the least I wasn’t happy but they did change the oil. I am going to look at that connector around the clutch and see if that is the problem. Thanks
What year, milage is your rig?
Congrats on first post since joining in 18’
go some pics? Pics Or It Didnt Happen

M

Mud-Shark2022

Oct 16, 2022
florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Did you find the issue? I Have a Machine Currently Would throw an oil light after getting up to temp and then would stall and not do anything would crank back up and idle, but every gear was in neutral. After letting cool for approx. 30-45 mins machine would operate norm till back at temp and stall again. now that we have the machine at the shop the gear indicator light / Gear position indictor would Show AN "E" flashing in a series of 2 long and 2 shorts for code 22. I have searched a lot for this and haven't found many answers for a resolution. so, I'm turning here in hopes someone else has come across this issue. I will say the bike did get water in the motor and was flushed with approx. 5 gallons of good clean new Oil and shows Zero sign of ever having water in motor.

Honda_4_Dayz

Honda_4_Dayz

Jun 4, 2023
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
Did you find the issue? I Have a Machine Currently Would throw an oil light after getting up to temp and then would stall and not do anything would crank back up and idle, but every gear was in neutral. After letting cool for approx. 30-45 mins machine would operate norm till back at temp and stall again. now that we have the machine at the shop the gear indicator light / Gear position indictor would Show AN "E" flashing in a series of 2 long and 2 shorts for code 22. I have searched a lot for this and haven't found many answers for a resolution. so, I'm turning here in hopes someone else has come across this issue. I will say the bike did get water in the motor and was flushed with approx. 5 gallons of good clean new Oil and shows Zero sign of ever having water in motor.

Reactions: Smitty335
Honda_4_Dayz

Honda_4_Dayz

Jun 4, 2023
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
Did you ever figure out the proble? I having the same issues. Can't figure it out. I also had water in motor and did flushes.

• Wow
slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Did you ever figure out the proble? I having the same issues. Can't figure it out. I also had water in motor and did flushes.
Clean the shift motor .Armature etc: gets carboned up and then it doesn't do what the cpu is asking it to do and throws all sorts or codes problems .Do a search on control /shift motor problems .

Reactions: WagginTail
advertisement
Honda_4_Dayz

Honda_4_Dayz

Jun 4, 2023
Ownership

1. Talon R LV
Clean the shift motor .Armature etc: gets carboned up and then it doesn't do what the cpu is asking it to do and throws all sorts or codes problems .Do a search on control /shift motor problems .
I changed the transmission control module already and that didn't help

H

HondaTech

Flushing won't clean the clutch system out.
If the water mixed with the oil and was ran, then both clutches are most likely water logged and need replaced. As well as dissaembling ans cleaning all components on the valve body, oil tank, rear spacer, and oil pickup in the pan.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I changed the transmission control module already and that didn't help
The shift control motor is located on the back of the motor it looks like a small starter motor. I'm not sure what you mean by {transmission control module} if indeed you changed this then good . Guess it's something different .
41aVmq2SoLL SY445 SX342 QL70 ML2