P1000 Easiest to mount winch?

M

mpilihp

Aug 13, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just a thought as you were asking for simplest to install, remember your small stock battery will not have the amps to run a winch long enough to do anything serious, IE run the winch long enough to plow a typical driveway. Plan on installing a second battery and all that goes with wiring that in properly.

Phil

05Willys

05Willys

Apr 21, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thats cool that he wants his senior pic with it
250907040 2915932891991009 1314310341370705150 n
250975591 2915932985324333 7620423008852491825 n

They turned out nice. He wanted them taken at camp with my Dad's Pioneer also.

tromano1706

tromano1706

Jun 21, 2020
Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree that pretty much any winch in the factory spot with a KFI mount is easy to do and cost effective. There are definitely downsides to that spot as mentioned before but it works fine. The hardest part of my install was finding the ground wire on the winch that wasn't listed in the electrical drawings and key on power that another thread helped with.

Reactions: StewB and Lady01
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
This...
The "Ready Fit Winch"
It ain't gonna install itself, but it just takes a few minutes at most.
- Pre-Wired
- Already bolted up to a winch mount
- Open the box....tighten 4 bolts...connect it to the battery terminals...and BANG! You got yourself a winch.

Doesn't get any easier. 🤘 ;)

Honda pioneer 1000 quick winch mount 1 2

May...or may not...come with stickers... Who knows? 🤷‍♂️ 🤣

StewB

StewB

Jan 2, 2021
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This...
The "Ready Fit Winch"
It ain't gonna install itself, but it just takes a few minutes at most.
- Pre-Wired
- Already bolted up to a winch mount
- Open the box....tighten 4 bolts...connect it to the battery terminals...and BANG! You got yourself a winch.

Doesn't get any easier. 🤘 ;)

View attachment 330836

May...or may not...come with stickers... Who knows? 🤷‍♂️ 🤣
I really liked this one and pondered it heavily, both before, during and after drinking.
In the end, I chose to stay with a wire rope Superwinch Terra 45 because my regular and heavy use is plowing deep Uinta mountains snow.
I know you can sleeve Dyneema. I know you can use a strap for plowing. I know pulley systems can reduce the wear.
But it's so easy to wear the first 4 feet of wire rope for a few years. Cut and fix with a few u-bolt clamps, and carry on.
If necessary, rinse and repeat. Ran 6 years on my last winch (a Terra 35) and only had to cut the wire rope one time.

I know I missed some benefits of synthetic and I'm not picking synthetic v. wire sides. They each have their strengths.
I became a Youtube expert and made my own soft shackles and a 25' recovery rope from scrap Dyneema sold on Ebay.
[POIDH]

The rope is 3/8", which is rated for 17,500#, or about 12,000# with the mobius and button knots. I stitched the rawhide eyelet sheaths on the recovery rope and let it dry around a pipe so they'll snap over and hold a hitch ball. But right next to the eyelet is a middle section of the rope that got pinched and damaged on a simple pull. A wire rope wouldn't have been affected. Yes, I have recovery straps, but this 25' rope stores in a quart-size dry bag and can run through a snatch block.
Synthetic and wire each have their strengths.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
I really liked this one and pondered it heavily, both before, during and after drinking.
I'm impressed with your reserve. If I'm thinking about something all the way to the during-drinking stage...I'm hitting that buy-now button. I find random gifts to myself in the mail all the time!

And........this has been a lifesaver for snow plows. No more burning through synthetic winch rope.

N

Notnim

Mar 2, 2022
St. Louis, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went with the e-trailer.com 5000 lb synthetic line winch, with the bull dog mounting plate designed for the Pioneer 1000-5. It also mounts the winch upside down. Everything bolted up fine, its a tight fit so requires some patience. The rope fairlead requires you to move the two bolts holes outward slightly, by either redrilling and filing or I used a burr bit grinder to expand them. It seems to be a well built unit, rated at 1.5hp. I've used it quite a bit mainly for dragging out logs. It comes with a hand held remote which I mounted the plug in the glovebox. If you also want a dash mount switch you will need to order separately.

advertisement
C

chaos19671

Feb 10, 2021
somewhere pa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
LMAO at the "mired buggy: it's not usually quite that bad but with all the rain here this spring it was extra soft. thought the old roof and roll cage would hold LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 05Willys

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!