Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
This Honda Patent introduces a new braking concept. Braking by wire, or Electronic Braking!
What purpose could this bring to the SxS line?

If anyone is able to translate, please post your findings!
Thanks.

[pdf]http://hondasxs.com/sg/patents/US20160114775.pdf[/pdf]

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
This appears to be an electronically controlled braking system that applies pressure progressively dependent upon vehicle speed and the amount of brake pedal stroke applied. I could see where this may assist in preventing an uncontrolled high speed skid by initially applying lower braking line pressure and increasing it as the speed is reduced and or more pedal applied (or not as it may electronically apply more braking pressure without pushing the pedal further). Interesting concept, similar to an ABS system but modified for an off road environment to help maintain braking control (and steering) at higher speeds.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Part of a Traction control setup, controlled grade decent braking?

My Acura had a similar setup I think as part of the traction control.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!