Honda Talon Update - March 2018 - New patents released.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Patents acquired by the Honda SxS club suggest that Honda is indeed STILL working on a new machine. And coming in line with several other patents we are building a better idea of what this mythical unicorn may look like. This patent suggest Honda has been working since 2016 on this unit. 2 years later, it's time for a true sighting.
  • 2 seater unit to be released first.
  • 999cc, 6 speed, upgraded to 95hp
  • Pure Sport version and a more slimmer version.
  • Single unit frame design.
  • Rear engine design.
  • Low center of gravity.
  • Bucket seats.
  • Adjustable drivers seat.
  • Center console shifter.
  • Trailing arms setups.
  • 3 link and a 5 link.
ETA.
While the ETA is unknown. We know Honda South Carolina has been hard at work building additional infrastructures for something. Rumor is that the new wing is near completion. Leaving one question. Where is the green go button.

So, What do you think? Are we going to see this mythical Honda Talon this year?

Blue in the first picture is extra as this patents is about a removable seat frame for engine installation.

Patents 3
Patents 2 Patents 1

Attachments

• US20180057084A1.pdf
    984.6 KB · Views: 651
Last edited:
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
lol.. nope. hahah... But dont beleave it until you see it.
The pioneer 1000 had a similar pattern of patents released months before it was announced.
I'm just sharing what we found recently.

At this point it might be ready in time for my grandkids to drive their grandkids around.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
How are they going to get cold air to blow in the shifter with it placed there?
Is there a patent for a fan to blow cold air in the front of the transmission tunnel so it blows in my face and gives me something to piss and moan about?

So many unanswered questions with this thing.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
95 hp would kinda suck unless it's 1000 lbs wet or ready for boost. Basically africa twin hp which is easy to get now. Hopefully there will be some clutch upgrades that can transfer over.

Tmitch09

Tmitch09

Jan 18, 2018
TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand
@Tmitch09
Sounds like Polaris 1000 XP...2 seat design rear engine and trailing arm suspension..just lacking that extra 15 hp...however that 6 speed trans might be promising

Reactions: BWAF
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Honda announced on January 3rd that the factory expansion is complete and they will expand the side by side line up this year. It would be great to see a couple of sport models before mid year. It looks like Honda is using a version of the P1000 engine. I expect 4 seat models and more Utility models in the future. I'm at 11,777 miles on my pioneer 1000 now and the shift cable failed and wouldn't shift into low range. I needed low range for a steep climb with two big rock steps so I removed the seat and moved the shift lever to low range. $35.00 for a new cable plus labor. I really want Honda quality and the other brands are way behind Honda plus the issues with belt drive.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
How are they going to get cold air to blow in the shifter with it placed there?
Is there a patent for a fan to blow cold air in the front of the transmission tunnel so it blows in my face and gives me something to piss and moan about?

So many unanswered questions with this thing.
Maybe they can employ a duct tube like the P1K intake, but rather than route it low so it can accumulate water and hydrolock the engine. Maybe run this duct back from the shifter by the header then up the B pillar, over the roof, down the A pillar, placing the opening behind the radiator. Because what it would lack in efficiency would make up for in engineering complexity. Then we can all stare in awe like dude, who the f#*%k came up with that idea. And finally end users will take all that highly engineered design OEM parts off and replace it with $30 of PVC from LOWES because that's how thier Uncledaddy does it to make his SXS into a U boat.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Somebody is a day late to the 72" wide class. Question is can the damn thing clear a 5 gal bucket, because that's the only thing that matters on Facebook. Only took them 2.5 years to catch up to Maverick X3 X RS. OH and before any other kind of asks, What's the biggest tire that can fit without a lift, because 32" is too small. :p

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Somebody is a day late to the 72" wide class. Question is can the damn thing clear a 5 gal bucket, because that's the only thing that matters on Facebook. Only took them 2.5 years to catch up to Maverick X3 X RS. OH and before any other kind of asks, What's the biggest tire that can fit without a lift, because 32" is too small. :p

Don't really see very many 5 gallon buckets on the trails, mostly rocks/logs, where are you seeing these buckets? HA!

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Wildcat xx is going to put them to shame I bet.

Reactions: pct
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The Wildcat xx has a new feature, a quick release belt drive cover. The $24,000 to $30,000 market is for hard high speed use. So far they use Belt Drive. Can-Am should have a trans in the 2019 model. Yamaha will have a much improved YXZ with a paddle shift trans. I think Honda will have a huge fun factor at a much lower price, especially the 3 link suspension model. $13,000 to $ 15,000 will have a high demand especially with the Honda quality. Most of the retired guys put on 10,000 miles in a year or two. Belt drive models need a lot of repairs to get to 10,000 miles.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!