Honda Talon Update - March 2018 - New patents released.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Don't really see very many 5 gallon buckets on the trails, mostly rocks/logs, where are you seeing these buckets? HA!
I hear ya, typically just see them in driveway and garages with a trailer queen hovering over it like a 14 yr old whoring for likes of her duck face selfie on Farcebook.

My, the sarcasm in me is turned up to 12 today.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My pioneer with 30’s and 2.5” loft still won’t clear a bucket... doesn’t bother me. Height just means you flop sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats weird. Because in my pic I'm running 28" with a arms and fox shocks also hl. Lift. Probably same as you.

Reactions: pct, sharp and BWAF
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Wildcat xx has a new feature, a quick release belt drive cover. The $24,000 to $30,000 market is for hard high speed use. So far they use Belt Drive. Can-Am should have a trans in the 2019 model. Yamaha will have a much improved YXZ with a paddle shift trans. I think Honda will have a huge fun factor at a much lower price, especially the 3 link suspension model. $13,000 to $ 15,000 will have a high demand especially with the Honda quality. Most of the retired guys put on 10,000 miles in a year or two. Belt drive models need a lot of repairs to get to 10,000 miles.
If honda can be in the 13-15,000. It will sell a ton, and be a great machine for sure. The thing textron is focused on is durability. That havoc is going to be awsome with king shocks ect. They are heavy at 1800 lbs. But 1 look at the components under this thing will show you where the weight is. It's built to take a beating.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Wait.... there are men on Facebook?
I don't know if you can call them men any longer, they may self identify as any one of 64 millenial genders, or Polaris owners for that matter.

20180307 125856

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
My pioneer with 30’s and 2.5” loft still won’t clear a bucket... doesn’t bother me. Height just means you flop sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmm, I thought those roctains where true 30s?:rolleyes: Must be that cold air your using to inflate them with causing shrinkage. ;)

H

HondaTech

While 95HP isn't eye catching anymore, it is going through a drivettaij with less parasitic loss than all the others.

I like the look of the new Textron machine and the easily to remove belt cover. Their cage and body design almost seems pre-customize. Really gives it that race car look.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Spill your secrets on getting the 95hp lol
Likely just complete top end out of AT, cylinders, Pistons, head, cam , throttle body. Between higher compression , better flowing head with larger valves coupled with the larger throttle body and cam letting it breathe deeper. Plus a little ECM majic .

W

Westtnpioneer

Edjumacated
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2013
West Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Likely just complete top end out of AT, cylinders, Pistons, head, cam , throttle body. Between higher compression , better flowing head with larger valves coupled with the larger throttle body and cam letting it breathe deeper. Plus a little ECM majic .
Compression is listed as the same for both, and I'm under the impression from reading on here that the only difference in the head is basically the dual plugs?.?. I wish we had a good graph curve of a stock Pioneer to compare to a stock twin.

Both throttle bodies are listed as 44mm.

Reactions: pct and sharp
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
LOL, I am not the one posting pics like this on FB.
View attachment 67887

If he’s under warranty he’s not anymore and blacklisted now, that’s a little more than 10” of water. Even had time to get in a good soak.

If I’d have been him I’d have just changed all the fluids bought a new display and kept my damn mouth shut.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
gosh we digress quickly .... hurry Honda release the talon and save us from bucket test.

would it not be funny to see the Talon really be a Youth model :eek: - there is your Aprils fools @Hondasxs

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!