P500 EMP windshield or 801 UTV Windshield

W

wingam00

Feb 22, 2022
Franklin NC
Ownership

1. 500
Looking at the EMP windshield or 801 UTV Windshield for my wife;s 500P.

Which one should I buy or get something else?

Thanks

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Are you dead set on a glass windshield?

C2Corvette1

C2Corvette1

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2023
Texas
Ownership

1. 520
UTV801 is very nice. I also had 3M Ceramic tint added and you can't add tint film to plastic. (All plastics outgas and film will eventually bubble)

IMG 9287

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I have not had a glass windshield. I do own both the regular Honda poly windshield and the Honda hard coat one. The poly does indeed scratch easily; wouldn't recommend for trail use. The hard coat, on the other hand, has been excellent thus far. I would buy the hard coat again, for my usage.

Plenty of folks here have glass; you'll get more input shortly I'd say.

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I replaced a badly scratched poly windshield in February 2019 with a sXswindshield (801/UTV) and have never been disappointed with it. I like the fact you can use windshield wipers, scrape frost off the windshield and with the vent open it provides a fair amount of ventilation. You can also remove front hood without having to unclamp windshield (which I had to do with the poly to gain access under hood).
If you opt not to go glass, I would recommend hard coat (even though I have no experience with those).
Good luck in your selection.

W

wingam00

Feb 22, 2022
Franklin NC
Ownership

1. 500
I have not had a glass windshield. I do own both the regular Honda poly windshield and the Honda hard coat one. The poly does indeed scratch easily; wouldn't recommend for trail use. The hard coat, on the other hand, has been excellent thus far. I would buy the hard coat again, for my usage.

Plenty of folks here have glass; you'll get more input shortly I'd say.
Which hardcoat windshield did you get and how long have you had it?

Reactions: Remington
The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
I run a UTV801 and have no real complaints. That said, my two bottom clamps did break from apparent metal fatigue on my last ride when I nose-dived pretty hard into a washout. It appears the weight of the windshield continuing forward was enough to break the clamps. So, there's that.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
No but hear all the stories of scratches on the non-glass ones.
Dont forget to hit reply or tag someone when responding. I just now came back across this thread and seen that u replied.

Scratches all depend on how and where you ride and take care of your stuff. When i had my P5 i had the Honda hard coat. It was good but the SATV flip wasn't available at the time or I would have gotten it. I like the versatility and durability of it on my P1 and Talon. Glass is nice as well, heavy and of corse more money. All of them are a preference

S

Santa

Jul 30, 2018
Kimberly, WI
Ownership

1. 500
My 2017 P5 has had an EMP Plexiglass windshield for the last 15,000 miles of trail riding - dust, mud, rain (hand golfcart style windshield wiper -works great) and is not scratched. Clean it with regular Windex cleaner with micro fiber towels.

Reactions: DaddyDubbs
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
My 2017 P5 has had an EMP Plexiglass windshield for the last 15,000 miles of trail riding - dust, mud, rain (hand golfcart style windshield wiper -works great) and is not scratched. Clean it with regular Windex cleaner with micro fiber towels.

Dust, mud, rain occur on trails or not. Is that windshield hard coat? In my experience, scrapes from branches are a hazard for plain plexi. But I ride a lot of tight trails.

If a person isn't riding where it can get scraped, then a plain plexi may work.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Well I pulled the trigger and backed off getting the glass windshield and went with the SuperATV Full Windshield Scratch Resistant Polycarbonate. The shield was a 1/3 of the price for a glass one. If this does not work, then off to a glass one.

Curious, what is y'alls usage of the buggy?

KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly

Jan 4, 2017
Ashland, KY
Ownership

1. 500
I would do glass for sure, I have a non scratch coated plexiglass and it is so scratched up I can barely see through it. There is one on Amazon for $299.99 some KUAFU brand sure it is chinese made bur for $299 i would go glass over hard coat plexi

W

wingam00

Feb 22, 2022
Franklin NC
Ownership

1. 500
I would do glass for sure, I have a non scratch coated plexiglass and it is so scratched up I can barely see through it. There is one on Amazon for $299.99 some KUAFU brand sure it is chinese made bur for $299 i would go glass over hard coat plexi
I saw the glass one on amazon for $299 but no real review and could not find out anything about it so it was a no go.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!