P1000 Engine break in?

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s odd…I just run straight 87 no ethanol gas and never an issue.

I wouldn’t think premium would have an impact either way.
I only run premium but that’s because of my tune, i usually run ethanol as it’s a pain to find no ethanol, never had an issue with it.

B

Blue Cat

Nov 6, 2021
Mississippi
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Warm it up let it cool, do three cycles of quarter throttle to idle, three cycles half throttle to idle, three cycles three quarter throttle to idle, three cycles full throttle to idle.
Then ride it like you stole it.

I got this recipe off a street bike web site years ago and it never left me down with a oil burner yet, the theory behind it is when you load the engine it increase the pressure of the rings to cylinder wall to wear on the fresh hone marks, the deacceleration creates a vacuum in the cylinder to pull the microscopic particles off the cylinder wall that the rings machined off during the break in period.
Hello, new member here. From Natchez, MS. Believe it or not after about a week of cold calls finally found a new white 1000-5 delux being unloaded in a city a couple of hundred away without a deposit.
Now mine. Will pick up end of next week.

Mr GPR1500SC, sorry to be dense but can you elaborate on this procedure?

Step 1 Start engine and let it idle till full operating temperature and then turn and let cool
Step 2 Start engine again, idle to temp then run it up to a quarter throttle for HOW Long and HOW long back at idle.. Then Turn off and let cool, idle to temp then quarter throttle for how ever long?

Can you please clear up what exactly a cycle is? Sorry for being so anal.