P1000 Engine heat blowers: duct or not to duct?

Tropicalfruitfarm

Tropicalfruitfarm

Nov 2, 2016
Merritt Island
www.islandtropicalfruit.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Adding the final mods to my P1000-3. Planning to add blower like the ones shown in the "Heat" thread.
I also saw the $300.00 kit, that contained ducting.
My question is, do you need to duct and if so what kind won't melt? Where should you point the duct?

Thank you in advance.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Adding the final mods to my P1000-3. Planning to add blower like the ones shown in the "Heat" thread.
I also saw the $300.00 kit, that contained ducting.
My question is, do you need to duct and if so what kind won't melt? Where should you point the duct?

Thank you in advance.
I ducted mine. And no it doesn't melt actually. Ran the duct out under passenger side by gas tank. Figured I'd try to get rid of the heat rather than blow it around

AZhunter

AZhunter

Jan 26, 2017
Peoria, Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ducted mine. And no it doesn't melt actually. Ran the duct out under passenger side by gas tank. Figured I'd try to get rid of the heat rather than blow it around
Do you have any pictures of your ducting. I just put a 4" fan on mine but I think ducting it out would be better.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you have any pictures of your ducting. I just put a 4" fan on mine but I think ducting it out would be better.
I dont have any pics but i ran it tight to the gas tank and straight down . Theres a perfect hole in the factory skid plate. Right there

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I saw the Blower Kit that ducted as well and I am interested in hearing what success any one has had compared to just blowing the heat.

I am going to install my Blower fan soon. Here is some ducting that would work

lrandy129

lrandy129

Curmudgeon
Lifetime Member
Nov 4, 2016
NELA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Aluminized dryer duct might be worth a shot and is readily available at any Lowe's, Home Depot, etc. It's not expensive and holds up to modest heat; you'd have problems with the plastic fan housing before the dryer duct.

Reactions: JTW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!