H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Polaris will announce the all new high end ranger in December. Honda may have the EV version of the pioneer 500 in the future too. Both will have the high end lithium battery packs. These pictures are a few years old.

Honda power 620x647
Slide
Slide2
Slide3
Slide4

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Although I've already got an accessory/options list as long as my arm, I never really considered anything that'd increase ground clearance (yet) since at this point, we don't intend to take it "off trail".
If your not going to take it off road, it really, really sounds like a golf cart is your best fit. Seriously.

The electric ones can be setup to run every bit of 30mph, and totally tricked out.

I bought this 2021 Yamaha gas cart and some rims for nearly half of what a new P1k5 sells for these days ( I got it just before the supply stopped).

E26ADD8C 2FED 4521 A148 14D3CD43A3BD

Last edited:
Reactions: Backwoods
H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The current Polaris EV has about the same little tires. I expect they are inflated to at least 30 PSI. The 2022 ranger EV will have huge tires, suspension and with a high price probably close to $30,000. They are quiet and great for hunters. They suck the batteries down fast with lots of sand wash riding. We did 118 miles today, half in a sand wash. I took 6 gallons to fill up.

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The current Polaris EV has about the same little tires. I expect they are inflated to at least 30 PSI. The 2022 ranger EV will have huge tires, suspension and with a high price probably close to $30,000. They are quiet and great for hunters. They suck the batteries down fast with lots of sand wash riding. We did 118 miles today, half in a sand wash. I took 6 gallons to fill up.
seriously id take one if they'd put some racks in the back for my golf bags. Got to be better than the golf cart I use on the corse. Would look better too

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
@hondabob that's cute but you should have asked your source if it was real.
If I did my math right, to match the Popo Electric Ranger for battery capacity you need 10 of thouse exchange batteries.
It's a nice idea for the scooters in Japan I'm sure, pull over at the 7/11 on the corner and recharge in a minute.
But a p5 is not a scooter.

advertisement
S

SmittyOne

Oct 20, 2021
Omaha
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
What I've seen of the 2022 Polaris Ranger EV (from Polaris website) so far is 35-45 miles range or 2 hours of operation on a full charge. I'd need double that to feel confident to take one for a "full Day" of birding. Polaris website shows $13.7K for the base model. Nowhere near $30K.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
The current model has lead acid batteries and cost $13.700 The all new model will cost over twice that. Check out the video.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Honda has been working on electric vehicles for around 30 years. I test drove their electric Civic in the early 90's. It had around a thousand pounds of lead acid batteries and would go 70 miles. The new electric car will be designed by Honda and built by Chevy in their Michigan factory and use their Ultium battery. The future models will be built by Honda and probably use the solid state battery made by Hitachi. Today it takes about 6 to 12 hours to charge up a Tesla with a standard liquid Lithium battery. "EV manufacturers are expected to convert to solid state Lithium batteries in the near future which will have twice the charge capacity and the solid state would enable them to safely charge in 1/6 the time of liquid lithium batteries without the danger of burning up." EV's should be pretty good in 5 to 10 years.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hear Tesla is getting in on the golf kart action, and has built in fire suppression for safety (though each still comes with a bag of marshmallows in the glove box). Camouflaged for their testing, spies were still able to snap a picture:

Golf cart fire

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
This thread has been hilarious.

But honestly..........(y'all are gonna hate me) Polaris is dropping a (supposedly) legit EV Ranger 1000 next month. I don't know the range limit on it yet, but the thing is a tank. Its going to be an awesome addition in a real "utility" setting for daily use. I imagine it'll be adopted pretty quick for use in city street departments, police, fire, and rescue departments, city parks departments, schools, hospitals, and factories. Use it for the day, plug it in, come back tomorrow and do it all again...

Until recently. most of the EV's in the UTV market were just green tax write-offs for the manufacturers. This new Ranger is supposed to be the real deal. We'll see....

EDIT: I see HondaBob already mentioned it. It could be BA if it has a decent range.

What happens when I install portals on my EV Ranger?
We put them on a Polaris midsize EV one time...

Answer: You pop an instant wheelie and twist the drive shaft into a pretzel. That thing only went 35 or 40 mph....but it was at 35mph as soon as you stomped the pedal! 🤣

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I hear Tesla is getting in on the golf kart action, and has built in fire suppression for safety (though each still comes with a bag of marshmallows in the glove box). Camouflaged for their testing, spies were still able to snap a picture:

View attachment 302932
Easy with the propaganda, you will hurt my Tesla stock prices, it's done very well, thank you! Really! My wife thought I had lost my mind when I bought it. I have bought several stocks she thought was crazy. HA!

Last edited:
Reactions: Vikes79 and bumperm
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
~ I imagine it'll be adopted pretty quick for use in city street departments, police, fire, and rescue departments, city parks departments, schools, hospitals, and factories. Use it for the day, plug it in, come back tomorrow and do it all again...
And that is why Popo will be able to charge an arm and a leg for them.
If your not spending real money why not go trendy?
And in that work environment they will work fine (untill some politician see one and thinks 'hey look, off roaders don't need gas engines!')

F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I went ~170 miles exploring around Zion yesterday, didn't see a single outlet. If going out into the wilds, I'd maybe pass on a SXS EV. Some of the golf cart options look better, and there are (or used to be, at least) natural gas powered options, too, that are pretty quiet.

Last week I ran across a UTV that ran out of gas in South Middle-of-Nowhere; I could help him. If he had an EV, I just woulda had to say sorry & good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smitty335
advertisement