EV SXSs any good?

insanetreefrog

insanetreefrog

Nov 19, 2020
Lowell, AR
Ownership

1. 700-4
Volcon has 2 UTVs coming out next year I believe, and their Grunt off-road motorcycle has been well received this far. They will be an interesting company to follow for the next 5 years.

Reactions: Smitty335
B

Bruce4795

Dec 12, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 500
Just throwing this out there. Anyone ever used, or know anyone who has, and heard good and/or bad things about electric/battery powered SXSs? The only reason I would consider one is how much quieter they are. Of course, driving on gravel, you're not going to sneak up on anything. The biggest reason not to want one is their terrible range. I've seen about 50 miles, or even less. There may be some out there that offer longer range, that I haven't heard of. At many of the places I go now (in the car), that I'd consider using the SXS instead, would definitely be more than 50 miles in one day's bird outing.
Range will be the major concern. Battery systems for EV’s are very large and I doubt you could carry a spare battery for more range. Don’t be fooled by all the EV hype……Offroad situations are not well suited for an EV unless your trip is well within the range of the EV.

Reactions: CID
rsbertsch

rsbertsch

Sep 11, 2020
Fort Mohave, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
Just throwing this out there. Anyone ever used, or know anyone who has, and heard good and/or bad things about electric/battery powered SXSs? The only reason I would consider one is how much quieter they are. Of course, driving on gravel, you're not going to sneak up on anything. The biggest reason not to want one is their terrible range. I've seen about 50 miles, or even less. There may be some out there that offer longer range, that I haven't heard of. At many of the places I go now (in the car), that I'd consider using the SXS instead, would definitely be more than 50 miles in one day's bird outing.
Check this out. It the answer you have been looking for; to bad Honda didn’t think of this.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!