BOX1

Talon Evo exhaust install, all the gory details

M

mikegriffin84

Jun 23, 2019
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
So no one else had to modify the bracket in this picture to make them fit Flat, I find that hard to believe.
Nope I just sprayed some lubes and tightened it down and the bracket bent and formed right around it nice and snug and moved on with my life. Now I do think they could modify that bracket to give a little clearance to make it a more refined premium product but my exhaust went on without a hitch. I am also very experienced in fabrication and repairs and I took a look for about 20 seconds and deciced it would work and be snug.

MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I installed an EVO i bought from another member here on the boards. I used the factory hardware and had no problems at all. This one fit like a glove. I used my factory rear cover that I cut down to keep my license plate in place. This exhaust sounds damn good!
IMG 5797

IMG 5798

HavasuDave

HavasuDave

Dec 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
I installed an EVO i bought from another member here on the boards. I used the factory hardware and had no problems at all. This one fit like a glove. I used my factory rear cover that I cut down to keep my license plate in place. This exhaust sounds damn good!
View attachment 203519
View attachment 203520
That is exactly what I want to do. So you used the heat shield on the evo and it fit under your stock shield? Would you mind telling me what you trimmed ? A photo would be great too! Excellent job!

MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
That is exactly what I want to do. So you used the heat shield on the evo and it fit under your stock shield? Would you mind telling me what you trimmed ? A photo would be great too! Excellent job!
I used the EVO heat shield with the Honda bracket and plastic. I did not used the Honda heat shield. The EVO is much smaller and does not come close to the bracket or plastic. The tip on the EVO was the only problem. here is a picture of the plastic piece before I cut it. I rode it yesterday and the bracket and plastic does not get hot at all.
IMG 5778

HavasuDave

HavasuDave

Dec 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
I used the EVO heat shield with the Honda bracket and plastic. I did not used the Honda heat shield. The EVO is much smaller and does not come close to the bracket or plastic. The tip on the EVO was the only problem. here is a picture of the plastic piece before I cut it. I rode it yesterday and the bracket and plastic does not get hot at all.
View attachment 203561
Thank you so much, really nice job. How did you do such a nice cut job on the plastic?

MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Thank you so much, really nice job. How did you do such a nice cut job on the plastic?
I used a small air angle grinder with a cutting wheel and finished it up with a grinder with a flapper wheel. I think you could make the same cut with a jig saw and finish it up with a hand file. The plastic piece is only $14.00 from Honda so not the end of the world if you mess up.

Reactions: HavasuDave
HavasuDave

HavasuDave

Dec 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
I used a small air angle grinder with a cutting wheel and finished it up with a grinder with a flapper wheel. I think you could make the same cut with a jig saw and finish it up with a hand file. The plastic piece is only $14.00 from Honda so not the end of the world if you mess up.
You inspired me, I placed the order! Thank you so much for the information and tips!

Reactions: MFG
jamesh

jamesh

Lifetime Member
Apr 11, 2019
DFW
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon x4
View attachment 203561
Looks like you have ITP Terra Hooks. I have them in 32s on my X4. I love those tires. Probably not the best for pavement, but they have tremendous traction offroad and are one of the lightest tires out there. I wonder why they are not more popular.

Have you had any experience with law enforcement using those Texas plates? I called the DPS to ask about what can and can't really be done and the person told me it's controlled totally locally. So I doubt I'd be able to use them where I live in Arlington.

MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Looks like you have ITP Terra Hooks. I have them in 32s on my X4. I love those tires. Probably not the best for pavement, but they have tremendous traction offroad and are one of the lightest tires out there. I wonder why they are not more popular.

Have you had any experience with law enforcement using those Texas plates? I called the DPS to ask about what can and can't really be done and the person told me it's controlled totally locally. So I doubt I'd be able to use them where I live in Arlington.
I have not pushed the envelop anywhere yet. I was out on some backroads last Sunday and passed a sheriff department deputy and he just waved. He probably would have waved anyway so I don't really think I have a answer to answer your question yet. I do figure I will find out sooner or later.
The ITP Terra Hooks are bad ass off road tires and not too loud on the road.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!