Love my EVO, I must be young at heart.:cool:
IMG 6591

G

Greg L

Oct 12, 2022
Fulton NY
Ownership

1. Talon X4
I guess the quest for quiet comes with being a little older. I don't have a Talon but a Pioneer 1000. Instead of replacing the muffler, I just installed a bigger tip, for me it's just right on loudness, especially on longer rides.
Did you make the tip or is someone making them. I would like to put a larger tip and different angle out on my 22 talon

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Did you make the tip or is someone making them. I would like to put a larger tip and different angle out on my 22 talon
It's been a while but I ordered a 2 inch stainless elbow off of ebay and welded it to the factory flange after cutting off the factory tip. Someone was making them but I don't remember who.

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I own both a pioneer 5 and a KRX.I wish there was a way to make the KRX as quiet as the Pioneer.If h ever go on the Krx forum there are several people that would appreciate the same thing.
When I go hunting,I always take the Pioneer.There’s no room in the Krx for much,in the pioneer I can take a dog box ,medium size cooler and two good friends.It does not get any better than that!

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I own both a pioneer 5 and a KRX.I wish there was a way to make the KRX as quiet as the Pioneer.If h ever go on the Krx forum there are several people that would appreciate the same thing.
A KRX has more noise problems than the exhaust. The best way to make a KRX quiet is to sell it and buy a Talon.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
@snuffnwhisky quieted his KRX down quite a bit. Maybe he'll chime in, but I think he either pulled the springs out of the primary or swapped them to lighter ones?

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pulling primary intake springs will make it quiet.
I pulled the primary spring 50miles into it.The Krx is a good machine in the high speed desert ,I’ll just leave this conversation at that.I have no regrets as to what machine is better at high speed desert running 35’s w no modifications.

Reactions: Buggyman
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I pulled the primary spring 50miles into it.The Krx is a good machine in the high speed desert ,I’ll just leave this conversation at that.I have no regrets as to what machine is better at high speed desert running 35’s w no modifications.
I was being stupid, what is the primary spring? I've always liked the KRX, just not here.

Reactions: Buggyman
G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was being stupid, what is the primary spring? I've always liked the KRX, just not here.
Smitty these Honda guys don’t want to talk about KRXs.but I’ll answer your question.Removing the spring is just a way of tuning the variable speed
clutch.In layman terms it makes the trans. Short shift,thus lowering the rpm’s.The krx is geared really low,so it’s a good way to go.Any more questions,go to the KRXs website.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Smitty these Honda guys don’t want to talk about KRXs.but I’ll answer your question.Removing the spring is just a way of tuning the variable speed
clutch.In layman terms it makes the trans. Short shift,thus lowering the rpm’s.The krx is geared really low,so it’s a good way to go.Any more questions,go to the KRXs website.
Last I looked the sister kawi site had died completely. There are plenty of peeps that are willing to talk other makes/models here on hondasxs.com. IDGAF what anyone spends their money on personally. I'll happily talk about pros/cons regardless of who makes it. Red is the faster color Honda though. That is just a fact! 🤣 🤣 🤣

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Last I looked the sister kawi site had died completely. There are plenty of peeps that are willing to talk other makes/models here on hondasxs.com. IDGAF what anyone spends their money on personally. I'll happily talk about pros/cons regardless of who makes it. Red is the faster color Honda though. That is just a fact! 🤣 🤣 🤣
Fastest to turn Pink!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!