Extended Warranty???

Bighat

Bighat

Nov 25, 2021
Gallipolis Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well, Honda must be needing more money. They've sent me a letter telling me my warranty will be up in January. OOOH. I doubt if I fork out the extra $$$$ for the extended warranty. Ouestion, those that have the extended warranty, has it ever saved your ass and how?

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well, Honda must be needing more money. They've sent me a letter telling me my warranty will be up in January. OOOH. I doubt if I fork out the extra $$$$ for the extended warranty. Ouestion, those that have the extended warranty, has it ever saved your ass and how?
For the pioneer I never needed it in 6k miles. It came with the talon and they wasted their money. It's transfered to me but I'll never use it. If I tried they would most likely deny my claim for mods or abuse. I felt like it's just hoops to jump through for service I don't trust.

Bama-Daniel

Bama-Daniel

Lifetime Member
Feb 25, 2021
Priceville, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t have a warranty either. Bought one with a Tahoe long ago and it was a complete waste of money. Learned a lesson on that one. Probably situations where it makes sense but seems like a waste with my Pioneer.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Came with my Talon had 800 miles when i got it last year from pervious owner. Im at 2k now and the warranty is up in march. Negative on using it.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I had the Honda warranty on both of my Talons but only because I was putting on lots of miles plus my Honda dealer had a great high-end tech. I canceled both warranties after the new owner took over. The manager is a prick and dishonest. The Honda tech quit so I do all my repair work myself. My buddy, the Honda tech lives nearby and will do anything I don't want to do. I have had 12 Honda side by sides and never had a break down. If there is a problem the warranty is for one year. Most other brands only have a six-month warranty. They wanted $980 more for the 2022 Pioneer 520 I bought from another dealer 50 miles away.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
In 33,000 miles on my 2019 Honda Talon Honda covered lots of repairs. The steering rack, tie rod ends, two wheel bearings, one wheel bearing carrier, three drive shafts, four trailing arms, one front axle and dif seal, both the 2021 and 2022 improved dif seals. Probably some other minor repairs that I can't remember. There is no mileage limitation on the Honda warranty. When my dealer wanted to do two warranty repairs that they knew would not fix anything and they turned a dishonest warranty claim that would cost around $3,000 I fixed it myself. It needed one wheel bearing and four A-arm bushings. The service writer told me Honda turned down the warranty claim. I knew better but only because I worked the motorcycle tech line for two years and the auto tech line for 12 years.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I bought for my talon since it was the first year. I've not used it for anything yet.

When we bought the Polaris ACES for my daughters I bought the 4 year warranty because it was cheap. Those were well used! Torque group warranty had no deductible and no limit. They may have a limit now because I used all of the cost times 3 or 4!!!

My local Polaris dealership was unfamiliar with Torque group but it clearly said on the insurance card how to contact them for a claim. After the first claim, the dealership owner told me how easy Torque group was to work with.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!