P1000 Extra Wiring Harness Question. Blue Tape. Pioneer 1000.

T

thirdparty

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2018
USA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I found this blanked wire from the factory in my LE. Haven't had a chance to research and quick look in the manual didn't really help.

Anyone know what this is supposed to be used for? For reference, this pic is taken on the right side under the hood, just below the factory battery location.

Thanks in advance.

T

thirdparty

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2018
USA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Wrong answers only?

It is a ground for wiring a winch.

I guess it's preferable to wire negative from winch to this instead of negative battery terminal?

Reactions: Smitty335
T

thirdparty

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2018
USA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Yes. Many use it for dual battery ground point.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks, i looked in the manual. Are there some instructions somewhere that covers this?

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, i looked in the manual. Are there some instructions somewhere that covers this?
I believe if you download the winch installation instructions from Honda for their Honda Accessory line, it may be mentioned there.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
For the dual battery?

Just hook it to the battery.
May need to reroute it under the hood to reach it you can extend it.

Then with the winch you would hook both positive and negative to the second battery to keep that circuit independent from the OEM system.

T

thirdparty

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2018
USA
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
For the dual battery?

Just hook it to the battery.
May need to reroute it under the hood to reach it you can extend it.

Then with the winch you would hook both positive and negative to the second battery to keep that circuit independent from the OEM system.

I don't have a dual battery set up...yet. But, I'm not following your post above. I understand the thought about keeping the winch and other accessories on the separate/second battery--don't follow the rest.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Lol.. and I'm not sure what part you have a question about.

Anyways, Some people still want to use that black wire for the winch ground even when they have a second battery. But I dont recomend that because you throwing the current return through the frame and back to the second battery and primary battery.

I think both the winch primay wires should be direct to the second battery so it has absolutely no interference with the OEM system below isolator cutoff.

dukeANhammer

dukeANhammer

Nov 18, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok it’s established that the black wire with blue tape is a negative, is there an extra positive wire under there hidden with some blue tape or wrapped in with the other wires?

advertisement
Seadonist

Seadonist

Feb 8, 2021
New Orleans
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok it’s established that the black wire with blue tape is a negative, is there an extra positive wire under there hidden with some blue tape or wrapped in with the other wires?

If installing a second battery, you will have to add a hot lead to the system. Honda does not provide one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!