P700 Fabric Door Insulation / Operation Questions

Alaskapioneer

Alaskapioneer

Aug 28, 2020
Fairbanks, Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey guy I just purchased the Honda Fabric doors for my 2018 700-4. I see a warning on them not to have them attached during transport. Does anyone have any advice on the removal of the doors before transport? Should you remove the doors? Also does anyone have pictures or video of the installation process? Thanks!!!

Reactions: BHarris8753
Alaskapioneer

Alaskapioneer

Aug 28, 2020
Fairbanks, Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well I drove with mine attached at 65 for about 150 miles on the way home from a moose hunt. Seemed to do fine but my concern would be the prolonged wear. I also have hard top and windshield so that may have helped as well.

Alaskapioneer

Alaskapioneer

Aug 28, 2020
Fairbanks, Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
Picture of the moose we took out!!

361C0C3E 0FC6 4AF9 940A DF17EA5FF89F

Alaskapioneer

Alaskapioneer

Aug 28, 2020
Fairbanks, Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
They attach by putting the frame in 2 slots you mount on the door and Velcro them in. Then there is a blot that threads through the frame into the top of the door. Literally take about 30 seconds to put them on or take them off. On the way down to hunting camp I had removed them and payed them inside the machine and ratchet strapped them down.

BHarris8753

BHarris8753

Jan 18, 2020
Robbins, NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
They attach by putting the frame in 2 slots you mount on the door and Velcro them in. Then there is a blot that threads through the frame into the top of the door. Literally take about 30 seconds to put them on or take them off. On the way down to hunting camp I had removed them and payed them inside the machine and ratchet strapped them down.
Sounds easy enough. So when you remove them what is left on the main door for the summer months?

Alaskapioneer

Alaskapioneer

Aug 28, 2020
Fairbanks, Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have attached photos. The first is the inside of the door where you see the “clips” You slide the door into. Then you Velcro them in. The second is the bolt that you thread into the door.

BHarris8753

BHarris8753

Jan 18, 2020
Robbins, NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
right on man. thank you for the pics, ive been looking everywhere trying to find pics of the installed hardware to see how easy/hard they would be to remove.

Alaskapioneer

Alaskapioneer

Aug 28, 2020
Fairbanks, Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
No problem. They are interesting to install to say the least. I did the passenger side first and it is a little off. Really read the instructions good and double check your measurements before you drill. You will need two people for the measurements.

BHarris8753

BHarris8753

Jan 18, 2020
Robbins, NC
Ownership

1. 700-2
No problem. They are interesting to install to say the least. I did the passenger side first and it is a little off. Really read the instructions good and double check your measurements before you drill. You will need two people for the measurements.
Thank you for the heads up on the measuments, ill make sure i follow the instructions to the letter.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!