P1000 Factory bumper winch fairlead bolt pattern ?

Jas sxs

Jas sxs

Oct 15, 2021
rankin county ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey anyone know what the factory bumper winch fairlead bolt pattern / spacing is I bought a Badlands 5000 and the roller fairlead that came with it has different spacing

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The two "common" winch fairlead hole spacings are 6"- normal for a side by side, and 10" - normal for a larger winch/vehicle. If it'll fit, there's a decided advantage in the wider spacing, as that accommodates a wide spool winch. The wider spool means more wraps of a smaller diameter for better pulling power - (winch power is rated at on just one layer of line on the spool).

I have a sneaking suspicion, that you may not be able to mount a wider spool winch "tucked-in" as is commonly done on a P1K. The Warn 4.5K, that came on my SE, is a 6".

JMynes

JMynes

Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2021
Augusta, Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just bought one too. It was on sale, I couldn’t justify NOT getting it.
The Badlands 5000 fairlead has a 6.5” bolt pattern. As others have said, 6” is one of the “standard” spacings.
What you really want to do is peel the wire rope off and replace it with a synthetic rope. Then use a 6” hawse in place of the roller fairlead. I looked at the supplied mounting plate, it should be possible to oblong the fairlead mount holes to make a 6” hawse fit. Harbor Fright sells a 6” hawse for small money.
That’s what I plan to do.

B

Buckeye1000

Nov 3, 2021
NW Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A roller fairlead works just fine with synthetic line as long as it’s brand new & never been used with steel cable. I’ve been running a roller fairlead on my ATV with synthetic line for YEARS. No issues. Probably should replace the line one of these days, I know it’s at least 12 years old, maybe more.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
A roller fairlead works just fine with synthetic line as long as it’s brand new & never been used with steel cable. I’ve been running a roller fairlead on my ATV with synthetic line for YEARS. No issues. Probably should replace the line one of these days, I know it’s at least 12 years old, maybe more.
Thats quite impressive for sure! Im assuming you must have not had to use it in a situation when u cant be next to the feed/rollers to guide the rope when it gets bound in the roller end/gaps and chews or jams the rope? If you have and it didnt, you are the luckiest man in earth 😂

BTW, weve seen no pics of your machine yet Or know what rig u have? only the ATV u just spoke of!
Pics Or It Didnt Happen! 🥳

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!