P1000 Fighting the Heat Day 1

Micah_Deshotel

Micah_Deshotel

May 30, 2019
Egan, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Got most of my stuff in today to begin all of the Mods to cut down on the Heat. I decided to wrap the headers also while I had it open.

Day 1 (today) was tear down and clean, then I wrapped the headers.

Heatshielding also came in today. DEI kit as well as several DIY Heat Shielding Mats.

Fans haven't come in yet, However did get my latches in for the Rear door mods.

Full

Full

Full

Full

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Welcome to the site!

Nice work on the wrap. Are you concerned about running through water with the wrap on?

Have you considered ditching the windshield?

I have a rouge power screen on order for mine.

Reactions: ohanacreek
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome to the site!

Nice work on the wrap. Are you concerned about running through water with the wrap on?

Have you considered ditching the windshield?

I have a rouge power screen on order for mine.

Bug buster makes a HUGE difference

Reactions: Vikes79
Micah_Deshotel

Micah_Deshotel

May 30, 2019
Egan, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Been riding with the windshield up.... Will most likely remove it as needed. My biggest concern is my Disabled Daughter who rides behind the driver. It was hot for her last weekend while riding. I'm hoping the shielding and the fans will make a big difference for her.

We don't ride alot of trails that have excess water, however I'll keep an eye on the wraps if we do.

Reactions: TimG
jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
most significant mods ive done have been adding fuel with tuner, atvs where you are sitting on the engine, tried shields and wrap, just falls apart, always the most reduction has been adding fuel and no one ever does it. the can am I had went from burning me and my daughters feet after an hour even keeping them Harley style off the side to being able to wear sandles all day and never having to clean the rad even when we went to the mud park

Reactions: TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!