FINALLY, Another Turbo Option for the Talon!

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
As in, open source tunable and you're able to edit the map?

As it stands it's a map they created and we upload and that's it, right? I should have vetted this out a bit further, however, I have been wanting a turbo for a while now and simply ordered it.
That's exactly what I mean. Being able to modify their base tunes would be more for the DIY guy or professional tuner who wants to play with boost levels, fuel tuning and timing to fit their particular needs.

Reactions: Talon22
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
As in, open source tunable and you're able to edit the map?

As it stands it's a map they created and we upload and that's it, right? I should have vetted this out a bit further, however, I have been wanting a turbo for a while now and simply ordered it.
Basically yes.

You buy a DynoJet Power Vision 3
You download their turbo adjusted tune file that matched your machine/compat and load it onto the PV3
You use the PV3 to flash your Talon with the downloaded tune/file.

The tuner has the ability to "lock" parts or all of the tune. However, locking parts of the file is somewhat tedious so most tuners either lock the whole file or none of it. so...

• IF the tune is not locked, you can view and edit it at will.
  • Unlikely but IF parts if the file are locked, you will not be able to view or edit those locked parts. You can still view/edit unlocked parts of the tune.
  • IF the entire file is locked, you will not be able to view/edit any of the tune.

Reactions: Talon22 and Bigshow
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just got word, the tune will be locked by default but that is not all bad news.

They will however have tunes for both stock exhaust and aftermarket :)

Unlocked tunes will be available by request only. They can lock it to your PV3's GUID if they elect to and because each file has an un-editable unique serial number, they can keep track of it and tell if someone pirated it. I guess they wouldn't want another aspiring turbo maker to have their tunes they spent a year getting right. Can't blame them for that.

This to me is an acceptable medium that gives the user the ability to tune themselves if they want AND protects the tune from pirates. I wish more would do it this way.

Also, they will take log files (as long as you have the DJ wideband O2 sensor) and adjust your tune for you if needed for such things as high altitude or some weird exhaust.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Just got word, the tune will be locked by default but that is not all bad news.

They will however have tunes for both stock exhaust and aftermarket :)

Unlocked tunes will be available by request only. They can lock it to your PV3's GUID if they elect to and because each file has an un-editable unique serial number, they can keep track of it and tell if someone pirated it. I guess they wouldn't want another aspiring turbo maker to have their tunes they spent a year getting right. Can't blame them for that.

This to me is an acceptable medium that gives the user the ability to tune themselves if they want AND protects the tune from pirates. I wish more would do it this way.

Also, they will take log files (as long as you have the DJ wideband O2 sensor) and adjust your tune for you if needed for such things as high altitude or some weird exhaust.
That is great news!

Not being stuck with the trans tune that came with the kit and being able to do cool stuff like add launch control to an older model without having to start over on engine tuning is huge!

Reactions: Adam490 and Bigshow
Many_Gs

Many_Gs

Apr 5, 2021
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X4
That is great news!

Not being stuck with the trans tune that came with the kit and being able to do cool stuff like add launch control to an older model without having to start over on engine tuning is huge!
Wondering if launch control will still work with this tune, never thought about that.

I tried to launch mine once, and failed miserably! I bet it's fun as hell with that extra power!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!