100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What are y’all’s thoughts on a Glock 41 Gen 4 and a Glock 21 Gen 5?…..For a Gnome, I have big hands. No Tactico Gnomo homo!

Reactions: Scoop
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
FFL, former R/LEO, and long time gun afficiando. You can't beat the Glock for reliability. Ugly and blocky as hell, but it's one of the few guns I'd reach for if my life was on the line.

G41 Gen4 is a competition gun, so I personally wouldn't use it for CCW due to the extra length. Basically the same width, height, and weight as the G21 Gen5 MOS, but with a longer slide (+20MM).

If you're looking to carry it and want a .45 AUTO, go G21.

With advances in ammo, I personally prefer the G19 for my everyday carry. Lighter, shorter, and significantly larger capacity in an easier to carry package. I have large hands (nohomo) and have zero issues, as it's only 2MM narrower and 12MM shorter than the G21 Gen5 MOS, but is 245g lighter when the magazines are full.

Whichever way you go, my only real advice is: There is no substitute for practice.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Soooo I have my dads old H&R handy rifle 30-06 single shot when he passed in 22’ it was his last deer rifle he bought after he handed down to me over 20yrs ago his beloved 03’ sporterized Springfield 30-06 that Ive taken many of deer with since I was 15 to present. Anyway, took the handy rifle up to deer camp last year just to check it out cuz my cousin (a Sargent on the sherifs dpt) use to sight it in for the old man before season each year cuz it kicked like mile and my dad always called my cousin Taklebery from police academy cuz of his size and being a sniper on swat and his arsenal of guns lol.
After looking theough the scope it was a blur and the scope was Fubar. The old man must have bumped it or something while
He was ill. So I took it home. This yr decided to get a new scope for the mule. Didnt have to look far cuz i upgraded the 03’s scope 5 yrs ago for more power and eye relief. So i put the old one from the 03’ still good (Bushnell Sportsman) on the Handy rifle with the over under scope mounts that made a world of difference to get the hammer down compared to the ones he had before. So Im gonna take it to the range tomorrow and get the mule dialed in and hunt with it this year. The old man lives on and is always with us at camp. I miss him alot but Im also at peace with him being gone cuz he is no longer in pain and i have no regrets the time I spent with him.
He would Be proud once I take another deer with that rifle. Im sure ill feel his presence behind me every time I pull the trigger at the range or in the blind.
71678227731  EFA40F73 ACC7 45D9 A94A 56ACF97FC3CC
71678230839  E5C13079 3E2A 4420 ADAE 643589B1F201

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Soooo I have my dads old H&R handy rifle 30-06 single shot when he passed in 22’ it was his last deer rifle he bought after he handed down to me over 20yrs ago his beloved 03’ sporterized Springfield 30-06 that Ive taken many of deer with since I was 15 to present. Anyway, took the handy rifle up to deer camp last year just to check it out cuz my cousin (a Sargent on the sherifs dpt) use to sight it in for the old man before season each year cuz it kicked like mile and my dad always called my cousin Taklebery from police academy cuz of his size and being a sniper on swat and his arsenal of guns lol.
After looking theough the scope it was a blur and the scope was Fubar. The old man must have bumped it or something while
He was ill. So I took it home. This yr decided to get a new scope for the mule. Didnt have to look far cuz i upgraded the 03’s scope 5 yrs ago for more power and eye relief. So i put the old one from the 03’ still good (Bushnell Sportsman) on the Handy rifle with the over under scope mounts that made a world of difference to get the hammer down compared to the ones he had before. So Im gonna take it to the range tomorrow and get the mule dialed in and hunt with it this year. The old man lives on and is always with us at camp. I miss him alot but Im also at peace with him being gone cuz he is no longer in pain and i have no regrets the time I spent with him.
He would Be proud once I take another deer with that rifle. Im sure ill feel his presence behind me every time I pull the trigger at the range or in the blind. View attachment 403428View attachment 403429

Awesome rifle and even better story! Time to take him hunting again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
He would Be proud once I take another deer with that rifle. Im sure ill feel his presence behind me every time I pull the trigger at the range or in the blind. View attachment 403428View attachment 403429
Those were great guns for the money.

advertisement
HeadedOut

HeadedOut

Nov 19, 2022
Spokane Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Picked up my new NON Liberty safe yesterday! Its a small Stack On Executive for my SBRs and pistols. Left my parents place, drove 2hrs home, realized I forgot the key to set the code. Now my new safe sits in my shop, tightly locked, and empty. lol

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Picked up a Beretta APX Carry for my daughter on a PSA fire sale. They were $179 with the sale price and a mail in rebate... for a Beretta! The single stack clip is perfect for small hands.

APX

In February I picked up a Stoeger STR-9 for me also on a fire sale. I really like the safety trigger on the Stoeger. It has a very predictable release.
Stoeger str9 compact pistol black

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks for sharing a great story. Please share when that first dear is taken with your dads old rifle

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We added another to the collection, I picked up a new Browning Citori for Carters early birthday gift. I need to take a few pics and post.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Picked up my new NON Liberty safe yesterday! Its a small Stack On Executive for my SBRs and pistols. Left my parents place, drove 2hrs home, realized I forgot the key to set the code. Now my new safe sits in my shop, tightly locked, and empty. lol
@Backwoods would really like that safe, with the fully carpeted interior and all ... :p

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Had another tax stamp approved yesterday, so I picked the can up today, since they're closed on Mondays. Of course I had to put another can in jail while I was there. An Omega 9 handgun can this time.

Last edited:
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Since you’re that close, consider next time going Iron Man Safes in Coeur D’Alene. Amazing safes, custom made. Not cheap big box store safes.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!