Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
On my recent trip I was cruising along the trail and came across a stick in the path. I figured I would run over it and it would break. I tired but must of hit it wrong. With my focus on this stick I did not notice that a large stick was on the left and bam, right into my side fender and up through the dash between the park brake and the frame. Close to $400 in damage.
Here's the vid.

Attachments

• IMG_1718.JPG
    IMG_1718.JPG
    233.6 KB · Views: 1,095
  • IMG_1720.JPG
    IMG_1720.JPG
    230.7 KB · Views: 1,083
  • IMG_1719.JPG
    IMG_1719.JPG
    379.4 KB · Views: 1,078
bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
thats sucks big time hondasxs it really busted that plastic up good

J

Jaykup20

Oct 8, 2013
You handled that way better than I would have...... F-bombs would have been a plenty.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ya. I was pissed, more so I did not see that tree. We got it straighten out and back on the trail in no time though.

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
That was painful!

Hopefully no one was hurt though!

chops

chops

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2013
Foster, WV
Picked up my first bit of unexpected damage the other day. We were out riding the ridgelines, trying to jump some deer, and I had a stick get stuck between the frame and the plastic under the passenger door. It was jammed pretty good. I had to backup, to spin it back around before we could pull it out. Did get any pics though. The plastic seemed to recover ok. I will post a couple of pics of what remains.

chops

chops

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2013
Foster, WV
Yes it does. At least mine didn't require replacement parts though.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
SAME THING happened to me got stuck between the gas tank and the front floorboard.

D

daberry

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 4, 2013
Kansas
Does anyone know what the black plastic on the pioneer is made of? Polypropylene, polyethylene, polystyrene, other?

K

Kc045

Mar 14, 2015
I know this has been 18 months ago but I was all upset when I took mine out the first day a few weeks ago and just got scratches. You're a much more under controlled person than me! However, my wife said that she thought I handled it pretty well. I had friends with me, couldn't be too angry. I'm really surprised it just poked through like that. But then again, it's plastic. I just would expect a little more ruggedness I guess. I will be getting the higher and wider bumper though, just in case.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!