BOX1

P500 First group ride. Didn't like it...

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I have to say.. I was guilty of this recently! I made 2 very rookie mistakes…

#1 - I changed course while on route to a planned POI.

#2 - I radioed I was changing course while under way.. but did not confirm everyone heard me.

Was on a 5 buggy group ride with good friends in our home area … I was the next to last buggy. I very much needed a rest room break ( not an excuse) .. knowing the trails extremely well, I knew a short cut was near and could make my stop then catchup without inconveniencing anyone. I radioed my change but did not confirm the buggy behind me got the message. He acted accordingly and stopped at the point I split off. This left him waiting on me to return, which I did not… and that left the last buggy hanging out there.

It was badly done and a very poor decision on my part. I knew better, been riding buggy’s for years and driving for a couple. Completely irresponsible. It put a damper on what was otherwise a good day. 🤦🏼‍♀️
We learn this at a pretty early age snowmobiling up here. Nearly every stop and definitely at turns we do a head count. Harder to recognize landmarks and easy to get lost, especially in a hard snow. And when riding in the UP, fuel stops are mapped and planned as most of the ride is through thick desolate areas. If you stray from the pack it can be seriously dangerous.
Another thing to point out is the hand signals to oncoming trail riders as to how many are behind you. Had to explain that to the wife early on that I'm not just waving at everyone. ✌️

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We learn this at a pretty early age snowmobiling up here. Nearly every stop and definitely at turns we do a head count. Harder to recognize landmarks and easy to get lost, especially in a hard snow. And when riding in the UP, fuel stops are mapped and planned as most of the ride is through thick desolate areas. If you stray from the pack it can be seriously dangerous.
Another thing to point out is the hand signals to oncoming trail riders as to how many are behind you. Had to explain that to the wife early on that I'm not just waving at everyone. ✌️
Two more behind you eh?

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My wife and I learned that up at Drummond. It took us a bit to figure out what they were doing. We didn't know or understand at the time and just kept waving at everyone. Then realized what was going on. There wasn't even a single person behind us. But many people probably thought we lost our group behind us. Then it sank in that no one wanted to actually wave at us. They were just following protocol. So now everyone else just seems unhappy on the trails :p

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
My wife and I learned that up at Drummond. It took us a bit to figure out what they were doing. We didn't know or understand at the time and just kept waving at everyone. Then realized what was going on. There wasn't even a single person behind us. But many people probably thought we lost our group behind us. Then it sank in that no one wanted to actually wave at us. They were just following protocol. So now everyone else just seems unhappy on the trails :p
That's funny! If no one is behind me they get the power to the people wave. ✊

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!