ArkansasDeerHunter

ArkansasDeerHunter

Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2023
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
CECB86C5 0CCD 4F07 BFB5 4984033FB99F
Just got this 2022 Trail Edition 1000-5. Got the backup lights mounted and my Exogear soundbar. Got all the stuff for the dual batter install, some cube lights, 3d printed rocker panel from Crossroads3d. There will be more pics to follow.

I do have a question regarding the backup lights. I have the splitter and the switch so I can turn it on and off when needed. Probably a stupid question, but what’s the order of hooked? Does the splitter plug in the factory connection under the rear and then the switch from the front plug into the splitter? I hate being a newb!!

Thanks in advance and I love this place!

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 372061 Just got this 2022 Trail Edition 1000-5. Got the backup lights mounted and my Exogear soundbar. Got all the stuff for the dual batter install, some cube lights, 3d printed rocker panel from Crossroads3d. There will be more pics to follow.

I do have a question regarding the backup lights. I have the splitter and the switch so I can turn it on and off when needed. Probably a stupid question, but what’s the order of hooked? Does the splitter plug in the factory connection under the rear and then the switch from the front plug into the splitter? I hate being a newb!!

@Hondasxs store wiring question above

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Welcome.
If you are talking about the work light trigger kit. It plugs into the backup harness with the switch up front.
If you are running the backup alarm port splitter, then it goes like this.

Factory backup port --> splitter (a) & (b)
(a) ---> work light trigger kit ---> Backup lights
(b) --> whatever else you have decided to install.

The work light kit has a switch, this will run up front. But it easier to start the installation from the front and follow the main wire harness. Use a stick to get it under the skid plate from the passenger wheel well, then pick it up under the seat at the gas tank.

Well, hope I understood your question and the above make since.
Thanks.

OlYeller15

OlYeller15

Jan 30, 2021
Georgia
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 372061 Just got this 2022 Trail Edition 1000-5. Got the backup lights mounted and my Exogear soundbar. Got all the stuff for the dual batter install, some cube lights, 3d printed rocker panel from Crossroads3d. There will be more pics to follow.

Welcome from NE Ga…Let the good times roll!

ArkansasDeerHunter

ArkansasDeerHunter

Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2023
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome.
If you are talking about the work light trigger kit. It plugs into the backup harness with the switch up front.
If you are running the backup alarm port splitter, then it goes like this.

Factory backup port --> splitter (a) & (b)
(a) ---> work light trigger kit ---> Backup lights
(b) --> whatever else you have decided to install.

The work light kit has a switch, this will run up front. But it easier to start the installation from the front and follow the main wire harness. Use a stick to get it under the skid plate from the passenger wheel well, then pick it up under the seat at the gas tank.

Well, hope I understood your question and the above make since.
Thanks.
That helps a lot! Thank you. I like to learn to hard way. Appreciate it!

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Welcome! What’s that cylindrical part just below the roof?
Think it's his sound bar. Don't know if it comes with that light strip or not though.

By the way, just a FYI. When you want someone to see your question (quicker) you can reply to their message or tag them by using the (@) and their name. 👍 they'll usually get a notification that way.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Welcome! What’s that cylindrical part just below the roof?
Think it's his sound bar. Don't know if it comes with that light strip or not though.

By the way, just a FYI. When you want someone to see your question (quicker) you can reply to their message or tag them by using the (@) and their name. 👍 they'll usually get a notification that way.
I'd just add that 'Reply' is in the lower right corner of every post. @RedorDead 😎

ArkansasDeerHunter

ArkansasDeerHunter

Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2023
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

@RedorDead it is my soundbar. It’s an Exogear and the light strip came on it. It sounds good and so far very happy with it.