P500 first real P5 trail ride planned

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
It's all coming together this week, we both have time off from work, we have our new open face helmets, ORV trail permits and I'll be putting together some other needed trail items but we'll need to be careful - still NO winch mounted on E.R.V. The trail shouldn't a problem there is nothing to knarly on the planned trails.

I'll try to get some video but I have limited video options right now.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Where you headed?

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
I hope you have a great ride! Keep an eye on the Great Lakes Region rides for more MI rides you may want to join.

Great Lakes Region - MN, WI, MI, IL, IN, OH
Thanks.
I hope it's a good ride as well I doubt i'll be doing anything to wild in it the first time out I just want to explore that trail a little bit and get a feel for what i think the P5 needs to suit us.
Doing a group ride would be different for me and the wife as we usually just each ride our ATV's but I lost interest in riding the quad after getting hit (only $5200 worth of damage). We don't ride to hard it took us 4.5 hours to do the big BULL GAP loop, we were camped at Mack lake campground then.

We have a little shack over near south branch so it is easy to get on the BULL GAP / WEST HURON TRAILS.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
We just got back from trail riding the P5 and it was fun it is nimble and a breeze to drive, I just used AT until we got on a very tight trail then I went MT for ultimate control.
A few things I noticed was it drifts around in the sand a bit and feels like it is laboring in the sand, I also kept wanting it to show me 50-55 MPH on the speedo though. We did hit a couple of good bumps and bounced the P5's bottom off the ground once but it did reasonable well smoothing out the bumps we found.

definitely good enough to run the trails around here and still be useful around our little shack in the woods.

D

Deleted member 3748

42-43 mph is all you're going to get before the rev limiter gets in the way. I find myself trying to shift into 6th gear all the time. You can bottom and top out the shocks a lot but it sounds like you're cool with it. :)

You'll find that the P5 really shines climbing hills and chugging through mud. You'll also like it on the true 50" ATV trails where not many other SxSs will fit. The P5 doesn't even fit on half of them around me. I have bark marks all over my top. :)

Reactions: trigger
TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
42-43 mph is all you're going to get before the rev limiter gets in the way. I find myself trying to shift into 6th gear all the time. You can bottom and top out the shocks a lot but it sounds like you're cool with it. :)

You'll find that the P5 really shines climbing hills and chugging through mud. You'll also like it on the true 50" ATV trails where not many other SxSs will fit. The P5 doesn't even fit on half of them around me. I have bark marks all over my top. :)
Actually it tops out dead on at 40 which I knew about but still as I was driving it i was thinking 50-55 would be nice, Ohh I know it wont ever happen.
I have the pre-load set to softest right now so it was no big surprise it bottomed out plus we were moving along pretty good and going through a series of little mud holes.
We were on sandy snowmobile trails for the most part except a short section that only 50" or less vehicles could get through, just to many trees and to tight for the big boys but we zipped right through them, I love the tight challenging trails.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
luckymike

luckymike

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2016
michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Road that area couple weeks ago.went east out of south branch for couple hours one day and road west the next day .brother in law has a place north of sage lake and we have a place near McKinley.

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
Road that area couple weeks ago.went east out of south branch for couple hours one day and road west the next day .brother in law has a place north of sage lake and we have a place near McKinley.
We made it as far as the River rd parking trail head near rempert rd then headed back to South Branch to our shack in the woods, she had a pot roast cooking, we got a late start.
Not my favorite style of trails I prefer that tight, wooded short trail from 6 to the river rd parking but we did have a lot of fun. We had an extra 5 gallons of gas but only used about a half a tank of fuel we could have made it into Oscoda and back if we had the time.

luckymike

luckymike

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2016
michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
We made it as far as the River rd parking trail head near rempert rd then headed back to South Branch to our shack in the woods, she had a pot roast cooking, we got a late start.
Not my favorite style of trails I prefer that tight, wooded short trail from 6 to the river rd parking but we did have a lot of fun. We had an extra 5 gallons of gas but only used about a half a tank of fuel we could have made it into Oscoda and back if we had the time.
Wasn't familiar with area,just following my b-inlaw,alot of it was a snowmobile type of trail but fun.sunday we rode some pretty tight trails just south of bullgap.my shack in the woods.generator and 12volt
IMG 20170527 095554534

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
Wasn't familiar with area,just following my b-inlaw,alot of it was a snowmobile type of trail but fun.sunday we rode some pretty tight trails just south of bullgap.my shack in the woods.generator and 12voltView attachment 77778
Nice cabin, the south east corner of Bull Gap trail is fun, we also like running the whole bull gap loop and stopping at the m33 overlook.

luckymike

luckymike

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2016
michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
just a picture of our P5 before the ride.(wife posing at the wheel)
Like the hubcaps.are they staying on while on the trail?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!