P700 First Service Done P700 Deluxe ....Summary

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Picked up my P700 Deluxe today from the Dealer as I dropped it off yesterday for it's first service. Normally I have always done my service work, but on this machine, I decided to let them check it over this first time. I didn't really have any complaints or issues.
I really like my dealer and have used them for MANY years, so I do trust them.
The valves were just a tad loose , so both exhaust and intake were adjusted.
The front toe out (or toe in), was out so this was adjusted.
I made the decision based on my past experience to go ahead now with the switch to Full Synthetic Honda Pro 10W30 oil. I know some folks say wait a couple or more oil changes. But with the way the 700 uses the engine oil for the torque converter/transmission, I decided to go ahead and make the switch.
The P700 Recall for the seat belt thing did NOT affect my unit, but that was checked to make sure.

So, she is back home and running like a champ.... I was waiting till after I did the first service at the dealer before I started adding my "goodies" . I have everything already bought that I want to add or modify, just been waiting for 1st service at the dealer to get done.

Reactions: Mudwing
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
@Deluxe700, did the dealer say how much were the valves out of spec?

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
@Deluxe700, did the dealer say how much were the valves out of spec?
Yes...I'm sorry , but i don't remember the exact amount, but it was very minimal from normal spec. I was skeptical about valves even needing adjustment at such a early time into a new machine..I thought it would need to have many more hours or miles before adjustment would be needed. I have ran ATV's in the past for a very long time before even checking the valves...But...according to the dealer (as I said I have used them many years and trust what they say), they say that almost ALL the P700 machines and Rincon's I would think....need the valves adjusted at 1st service. They say that some of the other model Honda ATV's hardly ever have the valves out of spec at 1st service. I did NOT notice any valve noise before the service, but as I said it was a very minimal adjustment.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thanks for that. It was a good call having them do the first service. I've already done mine with the exception of valve clearance. I guess I will plan to do it soon. By the way, I'm at 200 miles.

Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah , Might be worth checking the valves when you have time. If what they say is true, there is a good chance one or both could be a little out of spec. I was at 130 miles at 1st service.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Some machines are out and most are not out on first service.Is what I have seen over the years.
My valves were checked buy the dealer at 1500 miles and I was still in spec.
Honda rincons are easy to hear the valves asking for help. But the pioneer I'm not sure you can hear it as good

Reactions: Deluxe700

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!