BOX1

Fisher ATV World Video - Pioneers in Alaska

UTRider

UTRider

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2016
Pleasant Grove, UT
Ok, so this isn't technically a video about a P1k, but I thought everyone would like it. I think I have a new item for my bucket list after watching this. It fun to watch the Pioneer up in Alaska.

Hope y'all enjoy!

Reactions: AKRider
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
After he was harping on the 700 a bit. I left a comment on YouTube and he responded. I said imagine changing a belt out there or the cost of maintaining any vehicles besides the honda!

Reactions: UTRider
UTRider

UTRider

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2016
Pleasant Grove, UT
That's a 700-4 not p1k
Yeah, that is what I meant by that this wasn't a video about a P1k.

After he was harping on the 700 a bit. I left a comment on YouTube and he responded. I said imagine changing a belt out there or the cost of maintaining any vehicles besides the honda!
I enjoyed it until he ripped on the machine at the end. I wonder if he would have felt the same about the P1k.

Reactions: scott
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yeah, that is what I meant by that this wasn't a video about a P1k.

I enjoyed it until he ripped on the machine at the end. I wonder if he would have felt the same about the P1k.
He sponsored by can am and yamaha, so rightfully so he can throw in a jab. But the people of Alaska know what to bet their life on. Watch any of the shows its honda 20-1

A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
Knik is the go to place for me, about a 35 minute drive. Variety of terrain to play in.
Eureka, I haven't taken a wheeler up there yet. As of yesterday, they were still grooming trails for snowmachines, so it might be a couple of months before I take the wheelers up there.

Reactions: AKRider and UTRider
AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, so this isn't technically a video about a P1k, but I thought everyone would like it. I think I have a new item for my bucket list after watching this. It fun to watch the Pioneer up in Alaska.

Hope y'all enjoy!

I've rode out to Knik Glacier a few times. It is a really fun ride and can be fairly challenging in places. If you want to make it to the glacier the best time to do it mid March to mid April. After that the river will probably be too high. I'm actually picking up my P1000-5 tomorrow and planned on taking it out there. I won't have a winch, or a companion machine with me so I don't plan on trying to get to the glacier.

Here's a few pics from times out there...

Knik Group Knik Jump Me   Knik Glacier

Thanks for posting this. Now I'm really itching to get into the new machine and go!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dp5hunter
A

AK_Centurion

Feb 12, 2016
Eagle River, AK
I've rode out to Knik Glacier a few times. It is a really fun ride and can be fairly challenging in places. If you want to make it to the glacier the best time to do it mid March to mid April. After that the river will probably be too high. I'm actually picking up my P1000-5 tomorrow and planned on taking it out there. I won't have a winch, or a companion machine with me so I don't plan on trying to get to the glacier.

Here's a few pics from times out there...

View attachment 12831 View attachment 12832 View attachment 12833

Thanks for posting this. Now I'm really itching to get into the new machine and go!
I hear Jim Creek is ice free and the other crossings are low as of yesterday. The back trails in woods are getting sloppy, be careful there. If your on FB, check out AK Mudslingers. Lots of members that post about up coming rides that you could join in on.

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hear Jim Creek is ice free and the other crossings are low as of yesterday. The back trails in woods are getting sloppy, be careful there. If your on FB, check out AK Mudslingers. Lots of members that post about up coming rides that you could join in on.

Looks like I won't be taking the new machine out tomorrow afterall. Honda put a stop sale on them, for door latches of all things, so the dealer couldn't finish the sale to me. Hopefully they resolve it soon. I'll check out AK Mudslingers. It's always nice to know more people that ride.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!