P500 Flag holder for my P500

Garlicfarmer

Garlicfarmer

Jan 27, 2023
Oregon
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
OK gang,
Been waiting for my P500 since early January. Dealer tells me it is scheduled to ship soon. I am SO excited. Can't hardly wait to actually touch it.
I am retired and plan on taking my Toy Hauler and the P500 to Quartzite Arizona this fall. Spend the entire winter cruising around the desert. Enjoying life. Getting away from this darn non stop Oregon winter rain. Anyway, you are required to have a flag when riding in the desert. My question, how is everyone attaching the flag to the P500. Also the best place to buy the attachment and flag without having to take out a bank loan. One other quick question. What is everyone using for a spare tire. Honda quoted me $ 400.00 for one. Thats crazy. I'll attach pictures of my P500 once it arrives. Thanks for any advise and if anyone is heading there this fall, let me know. Maybe we can meet up for a desert ride.
Ken in Oregon.....

Reactions: futzin
Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Welcome from Mississippi. I have a P1K but I took a 2 x 6 and cut it to length to fit in the bed slots. I ordered two swiveling flag pole holders from ebay. I attached them to the board facing the rear. I set the angle at 45 degrees and put the American Flag in one and the NTC flag in the other. Sorry, just realized you are mounting a whip flag, never mind, but welcome anyway.

Last edited:
Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not sure how well you can see it. If you need more pics I’ll go remove it and get some for you. It does limit the amount of cargo you can haul.
0FD7FA93 3249 407F 868A 6A55A27F7E9D

Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
OK gang,
Been waiting for my P500 since early January. Dealer tells me it is scheduled to ship soon. I am SO excited. Can't hardly wait to actually touch it.
I am retired and plan on taking my Toy Hauler and the P500 to Quartzite Arizona this fall. Spend the entire winter cruising around the desert. Enjoying life. Getting away from this darn non stop Oregon winter rain. Anyway, you are required to have a flag when riding in the desert. My question, how is everyone attaching the flag to the P500. Also the best place to buy the attachment and flag without having to take out a bank loan. One other quick question. What is everyone using for a spare tire. Honda quoted me $ 400.00 for one. Thats crazy. I'll attach pictures of my P500 once it arrives. Thanks for any advise and if anyone is heading there this fall, let me know. Maybe we can meet up for a desert ride.
Ken in Oregon.....

Are you getting a P500 or a P520? If it is a P500 then there is a flag mount hole on the back middle of the rack. If it is a P520 Then I will have to defer to someone with a P520. For a spare tire I upgraded to 27" tires and use one of the original tires on a newly bought rim (about $50). The tire diameters are difference by several inches but in an emergency it is better than nothing.

Reactions: Yomama101
Garlicfarmer

Garlicfarmer

Jan 27, 2023
Oregon
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Thanks. Getting the p500 I did not know it had the mount hole. Been thinking of adding a rack but might be able to figure something out. I'm retired so need to watch budget. Been thinking of Sedona Coyote 25x10x12 on Delta Steel Wheels. Mostly gonna be on Oregons logging roads in summer and hopefully winter's in the desert of Arizona.
Thanks again
Ken

HiFive

HiFive

Apr 17, 2019
West Central Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
Welcome from West central FL. Try Facebook marketplace for a spare tire and Amazon for flag pole mounts, poles, and flags. I made my own flag pole it may not be what you need

IMG 20230123 091722 IMG 20230123 091655 IMG 20230123 162250

Reactions: CID
Y

Yomama101

Feb 6, 2022
Mesa AZ
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 520
This is the Tusk rops and flag mount. The fiberglass flagpole goes thru the mount and clamps tight without tools. Fits perfect behind the Rotopac. We'll have to meet up this Fall.
IMG 9429
IMG 9430

Garlicfarmer

Garlicfarmer

Jan 27, 2023
Oregon
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Thanks so much. Just got notice from my dealer. My P 500 is on the way to dealership. Been waiting 5 months. I am very excited to start fixing up with " stuff "
I am trying to be in or around Quartzsite, Bouse area. Or suggestions from you.
Maybe December thru March. God willing. Retired and loving it.
Ken in Oregon.

Reactions: trigger and CID
MI-Trailblazer

MI-Trailblazer

Apr 4, 2019
Parma, MI
Ownership

1. 500
ORV parks by me require the whip flag to be mounted to the front of the vehicle. So I just took a flat piece of metal, drilled 3 holes in it: 1 for flag, 2 for U-bolt. Picked up a small 1/4 U-bolt from Tractor Supply, put the "U" around the tube on the front bumper- threads through the holes in the metal, tighten, install flag, done. Oh, sprayed some paint on the metal so it would not just rust.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Welcome from the once great state of Colorado. :cool:

Not wanting to be a Debbie Downer and although Quartzsite has tons of riding available, it's the most miserably rocky riding I've found in the desert SW. Not big, crawling rocks, little (golf ball to softball sized) and a whole lot of the damn things. 'Bout beat me (more) senseless. :oops:

I've been chased out of the Hanksville-Mexican Hat, Utah area the last two years because of hard freeze warnings in November (too far north), so Quartzsite wins there. Ajo, AZ has some much gentler trails (far less rocks), just south of the large mine there. Lots of free dispersed camping findable on Google Earth. Not as much riding as Quartzsite but enough for a week of exploring.

Almost no public land in Texas, so that's pretty much off my radar. :( I haven't explored New Mexico yet, so can't comment on that.

Strongly recommend the GAIA GPS app, it's free and it's my favorite electronic gizmo, available for android and Apple (I have an iPad (bought by my yuppie Sister)). Download and play around with it, glad to answer any simple questions (puter wiz I ain't 😢).

Just under 1100 miles at Quartzsite. I found all of these trails in GAIA GPS.
1678671140657 jpeg

Ajo, that tiny green triangle in the bottom left corner is Mexico -
I 6DHKJQs X2

Last edited:
Reactions: trigger
Garlicfarmer

Garlicfarmer

Jan 27, 2023
Oregon
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Dang.
Thanks for all the quality info. I will download the GPS app. Thanks for the easy flag holder fix. That's what I will do.
Newbie to Quartzsite area. Planning on winter of 2023/2024.
Retired. So free camping is good. I am in Oregon. Do lots of trail riding and forest logging roads. Not a lot of rock crawling. Small cahonas here. Like gentle, easy riding. Never in a hurry. Love exploring old mines. I grew up in Kingman Az. Wife and I covered that place completely. Left about 45 years ago to move to Oregon. Just cause. Something different. Tired of 6 months of winter rains. Ready to explore again. Get my 2023 Honda Pioneer 500 next week. Hope to put lots of easy riding some place with warm and dry winters. New friends, campfires. Drink beer. Trail ride.

• Love
Reactions: Yomama101 and CID
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!