Ford 4 cylinder engine (likely for a Mid 2000's Focus)

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you have a use for a Ford 4 cylinder and are willing to pick it up in the Canton, OH area I have a deal for you. The engine is used. It looks to be in great shape. I believe it is out of a mid 2000's Ford Focus (I'm guessing here read the back story below to know why). If you're nice and friendly it is yours for the cost of fuel to come get it. As in essentially free to a good home. I'm giving the forum members a crack at it before I just scrap it. Hopefully it helps someone out. I do have an engine hoist so I can lift it on to a trailer or into a pickup bed.

Back story if you care to indulge...
I bought a used engine for a Hyundai Elantra from a company that will remain nameless. They shipped me a Ford 4 cylinder instead initially. They ended up sending me the engine for the Elantra which I used and worked great as I suspect this one will as well. When the right engine was delivered to me the delivery guy was not instructed to take the Ford one back. I followed up with the company I purchased from and they said it wasn't worth their time and effort to retrieve and that I could do whatever I like with it. Ok that was several years ago now. It has been covered and on a wooden block frame as a friend of mine had a Focus that we thought it would go into eventually. That car had an untimely meeting with a deer and the insurance totaled it. As I now have zero use for it I'm hoping I can help out someone else.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!