P700 Fox Podium 1.5 shocks for 700

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
Hi all
I sold my Pioneer 700, and new buyer did not want the fox shock, so I am selling them separately for $800.00 plus shipping from 48169.

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
For all you folks that just attended the Pioneer Takeover with your 700, you may have wanted the extra 1 1/2 inch ground clearance and bottom out protection these Fox shocks will give you.
If you want them for the next ride, give me a shout.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
For all you folks that just attended the Pioneer Takeover with your 700, you may have wanted the extra 1 1/2 inch ground clearance and bottom out protection these Fox shocks will give you.
If you want them for the next ride, give me a shout.
I can't believe you haven't sold these yet. $800 is a great price! If I didn't already have a set I'd buy them

Buurma

Buurma

Jan 22, 2016
Northcoast
Is the ride more plush? I'm thinking about buying a set but nothing has pushed me over the edge yet

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The ride is a little better at slow speeds but drastic at higher speeds. Plus they don't bottom out front or back and the body roll sideways doesn't just stop it cushions it very good near the max point so its way safer! Absolutely a must on the 700! Lots of money yes but huge best thing we bought for our 700-4 when we had it. Sell a kid or wife do what you have to do:)

Reactions: Springer and Tflynn
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Is the ride more plush? I'm thinking about buying a set but nothing has pushed me over the edge yet
@CumminsPusher pretty much nailed it. Not a huge difference at low speed stuff but you won't be going slow anymore once they're on! It's awesome when you don't have to slam on the brakes for every dip in the trail

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@CumminsPusher pretty much nailed it. Not a huge difference at low speed stuff but you won't be going slow anymore once they're on! It's awesome when you don't have to slam on the brakes for every dip in the trail
@Tflynn and I were the biggest advocates of these I believe. He's right they will add 5-10 mph on a bumpy section more comfortable and safer. Lots of confidence. I sold mine for 750 in under a week and still have people bugging me.

Reactions: Springer and Tflynn
Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
The combination of installing these shocks, and removing the sway bar changed the entire ride spectrum on this machine. You can ride 10 mph faster over whoops and rough terrain, and very smooth at slow speed. Plus it increases your ground clearance about an 1" 1/2, more if you adjust the pre load. I have never bottomed them out, but would bottom quite a bit with the stock shocks on it.
I really wish they would fit on my 1000. If they did i would already have installed them they are that good.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
View attachment 13952 View attachment 13951
The combination of installing these shocks, and removing the sway bar changed the entire ride spectrum on this machine. You can ride 10 mph faster over whoops and rough terrain, and very smooth at slow speed. Plus it increases your ground clearance about an 1" 1/2, more if you adjust the pre load. I have never bottomed them out, but would bottom quite a bit with the stock shocks on it.
I really wish they would fit on my 1000. If they did i would already have installed them they are that good.
I'm in the same boat @Springer I tried them but nope. Impatiently waiting for fox for the 1000. You saw what they did for the 700 (the 700 were junk shocks)can you even imagine them in the 1000(the 1000 are bad too but I think the added weight/wheelbase/width helped a bit) :) :) :)

Buurma

Buurma

Jan 22, 2016
Northcoast
Do these have enough adjustment to keep the stock ride height? I got into a sticky situation where my ground clearance almost made me tip,
Beside the subject, why would you remove a rear sway bar ? I would imagine you'd want the rear to stay planted while taking trail turns. But I come from car racing so...

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Do these have enough adjustment to keep the stock ride height? I got into a sticky situation where my ground clearance almost made me tip,
Beside the subject, why would you remove a rear sway bar ? I would imagine you'd want the rear to stay planted while taking trail turns. But I come from car racing so...
Even with the added height which I measured right at an inch on mine it's actually more stable. The fox shocks have internal valving. You can kind of drop them down a bit but you loose a lot of fuction to the way they are supposed to be. I could tell you how to set them up because they are not just a drop in fix (a little bit for sure) but go to the fox website and it explains correct sag and everything there. And from what I noticed if you're on very bumpy ground removal is good but cruising down a road "like a car" leave it connected. I'm sure you know this from cars if you corner one side goes down and with sway bar it sucks the other side down as well and forces the weight the be shared as well as a lower profile. Across rough stuff it allows for better articulation so you have better traction and each wheel is allowed to do its own thing. You'll not see sway bars in stadium trucks and you won't see race cars without. Two different things. If you're on the roads higher speeds or have heavy loads leave it, if you're off road bushwhacking more pull it. But it's easy to take on/off. But get the shocks you won't be unhappy I assure you.the rig is so much more stable on or off road.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tflynn and Springer
Buurma

Buurma

Jan 22, 2016
Northcoast
Hi all
I sold my Pioneer 700, and new buyer did not want the fox shock, so I am selling them separately for $800.00 plus shipping from 48169.
Are your shocks set up for a 4 seat 700 ? I had some cash come my way looking to buy this or the uhmw skid plate

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Are your shocks set up for a 4 seat 700 ? I had some cash come my way looking to buy this or the uhmw skid plate
Same shocks either way.

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
Yes, they are the same set up for either one.

Brentc

Brentc

May 8, 2016
SE AK
Just wondering if you messed with the pre load? Oh and are they still available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
Just wondering if you messed with the pre load? Oh and are they still available?

I did adjust the pre load some, to raise the ride height slightly. As CUmminspusher said doing this moves the shock body into a position that improved ride quality and ground clearance. That is one of the nice things about these shocks is that they are pre load and high speed compression adjustable.

And yes, I still have them.

Brentc

Brentc

May 8, 2016
SE AK
Should of asked do you remember how much the shocks weigh? I would like see what the shipping would be up here.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!