P1000 FOX QS3s Alignment?

S

symphony

Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm thinking of upgrading the factory shocks on my 22 1000-3 to FOX QS3s but wondering if I would need to do an alignment once the new shocks are installed? Hoping that the QS3s are a simple "bolt-on" and I can avoid bringing the buggy in to dealer for an alignment.

• Haha
Reactions: Remington
H

HondaTech

I'm thinking of upgrading the factory shocks on my 22 1000-3 to FOX QS3s but wondering if I would need to do an alignment once the new shocks are installed? Hoping that the QS3s are a simple "bolt-on" and I can avoid bringing the buggy in to dealer for an alignment.

Other than TOE adjustments, there is no "alignment"

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thays a negative!
the only alignment you need to do is the alignment of the “camera” when u take pics to post of the finished install!

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put Fox’s in my 22 base model, only adjusting I did was for ride height. Took measurements with stock shocks and adjusted new ones to same height.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You will need to align your machine. Swapping shocks that change/alter pre load will change your camber. The change in camber will alter the toe.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Increasing pre-load increases ride height which increases camber. Same goes for the opposite.

Any change in camber will result in a change in toe. Adjusting toe will not change camber unless excessive toe adjustment is required. However a little camber change can make big toe changes.

I would argue that you will most likely not succeed in setting new fox shocks to perfectly match your previous shock height. The spring rates are different and the machine will also sit differently static versus loaded.

I am doing my best to not go scientific but just set your pre load where you want it. Most people add extra pre load for extra height. Then adjust your toe. Then you know it's right when you are done. Most machines don't even have a correct alignment from the factory.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Increasing pre-load increases ride height which increases camber. Same goes for the opposite.

Any change in camber will result in a change in toe. Adjusting toe will not change camber unless excessive toe adjustment is required. However a little camber change can make big toe changes.
Stock arms don’t have a camber adjustment. So while you’re not wrong it does change it….unless you buy aftermarket arms there isn’t anything you can do about it.

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Stock arms don’t have a camber adjustment. So while you’re not wrong it does change it….unless you buy aftermarket arms there isn’t anything you can do about it.
You are correct. But altering pre load changes the camber angle. You cannot adjust the camber independently without aftermarket arms but changing ride height using pre load changes camber. The only adjustment you have is toe unless you have aftermarket arms that allow camber adjustment.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smitty335
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Rose bud?

• Wow
Reactions: CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!