P500 Front A Arms P500 vs P520

Kkettlebell

Kkettlebell

Apr 1, 2022
Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
This leads me to believe there is no reason why the SuperATV a arms won’t fit the P500…Moorhead lists as fitting both the P500 and the 520

265850A2 2356 4897 B027 BA1F963FC1BC

Kkettlebell

Kkettlebell

Apr 1, 2022
Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Good to know! I know there's a big hardware and bushing difference. You'd probably need 520 bushings to make it work in the 500 if it did.
Still trying to get our hands on one around here.
Do your a arms come with the bushings? Getting antsy to put in my locker but want to wait to see if I can use these arms:)

Peter_72

Peter_72

Supporting Member
May 31, 2020
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
@SuperATV I need the steering stops, do you have a part # for them? Are they the same ones that fit Polaris?

stobiadas

stobiadas

Apr 12, 2021
K0E1X0
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
@SuperATV I looked on your site yesterday and said that Forward a arms are available for the P520. Do those include bushings as well as ball joints? Also is there any discount for this member in Canada? Shipping seems kind of steep but understandable given the circumstances. I’m just across the border from Ogdensburg New York. Not sure if the price visible on the website is in US or Canadian dollars as well. Thanks in advance for looking into this

Last edited:
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
@SuperATV I looked on your site yesterday and said that Forward a arms are available for the P520. Do those include bushings as well as ball joints? Also is there any discount for this member in Canada? Shipping seems kind of steep but understandable given the circumstances. I’m just across the border from Ogdensburg New York. Not sure if the price visible on the website is in US or Canadian dollars as well. Thanks in advance for looking into this
Hey!
The kit would include bushings, but not the ball joints. You'd just reuse your ball joints...if they are in good condition.

You can always get a little forum member discount from me. Just shoot me a PM whenever you need anything and I'll get you the updated discount code.

Shipping to Canada definitely hurts. UPS is not making it cheap. Lol! Everything on the website in USD. If you're close and know someone across the border...you can ship it there for free, and just make the trip across the border to pick it up...and save a ton on shipping. Not sure how the claims process goes when going back across the border...but it may be worth it.

advertisement
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Heads up, getting the old ball joints out is like pulling teeth. If you have the stuff to do it it'll save you a few bucks, otherwise order some up ahead of time.
Trigger,

How long did you have your 500 before you tried to get the ball joints out? I'm getting ready to tackle the a-arms, Elka shocks, skid plate, torque locker and a couple other minor projects. My 520 is a year old with about 325 miles on it that have pretty gentle.

I'm hopeful that mine are not time-welded on and come off easier.

Rob

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Trigger,

How long did you have your 500 before you tried to get the ball joints out? I'm getting ready to tackle the a-arms, Elka shocks, skid plate, torque locker and a couple other minor projects. My 520 is a year old with about 325 miles on it that have pretty gentle.

I'm hopeful that mine are not time-welded on and come off easier.

Rob

I rode 2 or 3 yrs with stock arms. I never even tried to get the stock ball joints out having read what a b**** they were on here. I know some have done it but have never heard it was easy. I figured I'd keep the stock arms in tact anyway in case I ever needed to switch back or help out a fellow P5 rider. I ordered All Balls when I ordered the new arms. Another heads up, new bushings were supplied but not installed, maybe SATV installs them for you?

Reactions: crewcabrob
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I rode 2 or 3 yrs with stock arms. I never even tried to get the stock ball joints out having read what a b**** they were on here. I know some have done it but have never heard it was easy. I figured I'd keep the stock arms in tact anyway in case I ever needed to switch back or help out a fellow P5 rider. I ordered All Balls when I ordered the new arms. Another heads up, new bushings were supplied but not installed, maybe SATV installs them for you?
Makes perfect sense. I might as well order up a set too.

The bushings come with the a-arms, but they are not installed. I haven't even started to look at the tasks for getting this all installed. I have a busy weekend with yard work, and the next three weekends are a bust for getting anything done. A Florida trip for two of them and then our daughter graduating from law school. Then one open weekend before a business trip to Chicago. Maybe by the end of the summer I can get it all installed.

• Haha
Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Makes perfect sense. I might as well order up a set too.

The bushings come with the a-arms, but they are not installed. I haven't even started to look at the tasks for getting this all installed. I have a busy weekend with yard work, and the next three weekends are a bust for getting anything done. A Florida trip for two of them and then our daughter graduating from law school. Then one open weekend before a business trip to Chicago. Maybe by the end of the summer I can get it all installed.

And, if I remember right, the lower ball joint had a longer shaft on it. Had to stack washers so the castle nut sat correctly with the cotter pin hole. None of it was straight forward or easy. I believe the tab holes were like 10mm and the new arms were 12mm so those had to be drilled out too. But with persistence and a few busted knuckles it can be done. 👍

T

Tomnjenn05

Feb 11, 2020
Baton rouge
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did super atv figure out of they would work? Only asking bc I just did portals and want to run these arms to help with a little rubbing.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!