Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Re: Frt Bumper

Nice.
Hey, do the front pipes run down into the bash plate. Or is just welded on top like the small bumper?

I want better protection then just that thin bash plate.

How was the install?
Thanks.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4

The front pipe runs from the bash pipe up to the first cross bar, than it's just a half tube. The bumper is very light. Really not worth the money. Plus the color is more flat black, not gloss like the bumper that comes on the Pioneer.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4

Sorry about that. The install is remove old bumper bolts and put them back in, unless you are installing the winch mount than you get longer bolts.. The roll bars stops in the same place.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R

Well, that sucks. Was hopping for a stronger bumper. Or at least additional mounting points.

I think I'll pass. Wait for aftermarket.
Thanks

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4

PC140863 zps82c648ac
PC140864 zpse0891ddb
Hope this image will help you see how CHEAP this bumper is made!

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4

I don't know why Honda is making all their accessories cheap and charging a high price. Just don't get it.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R

Just want to bump this up for everyone to see. Post has been hidden in a non listed category by mistake.

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
This is disappointing. My bumper came in on Friday but haven't picked it up yet. Thought it would be a little heavier than the stock bumper. the tubing cut out like that shows how cheaply made it is. I assumed the main upright was a one piece tube and the center tube was at least but welded to it. The welds don't look the best to me either or is it just the lighting in the photos? Does the gauge of tubing they used seem to be the same or is it lighter too? Would you say the stock bumper is better made? Now I don't know what to do. Seeing I special ordered it month's ago I may be stuck with it. I might regret buying this if aftermarket comes out with a nicer better built unit.

advertisement
TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
I made a comment to the parts guy if there was anything in the box, I really think the stock bumper is heavier, I took it back off because the finish isn't very good. I called the dealer they said that they have another one coming in next week, but I'm not sure I want it either.

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
Arghh! I was hoping that would have a little more "heft" in it- I concur, will wait for an aftermarket to arrive. However, your LED's look sweet!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Personally I have been pushing my way through briars, small trees, brush, and I haven't done any damage to the front clip, I do however like the winch bumper that binfordw has started working on over here accessories-and-modifications-f48/pioneer-winch-bumper-pics-t708.html. Once I get my glass windshield, I am going to relocate my light bar from the top (I had to get a passenger to lift a few trees and branches this weekend so I wouldn't rip it off) down to where you have yours, I think it will be fairly safe there.

greenatv

greenatv

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2013
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, I was hopping for a better bumper then that. Maybe it can be improved? Or just build your own.
What yall think?

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
I think that I'm going to do some fab work on it. Than I'll have it power coated glass black, But it will be later on. Now just waiting on the heater.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Elkhunter, Just was wondering if you went ahead and got the bumper. The dealer ordered me another one as the paint was messed up. After getting everything on it's ok. Just wished a little heavier. The braces that is welded on the sides going to the frame mount stiffens the upper bars up. Overall I do like the looks of it. I still may take it off later and the rear bumper and have them re-powder coated a gloss black.

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
I'm going to take the bumper. My bumper and all my accessories have been sitting at my dealership for a couple of weeks now. It about 250 miles south of me. The reason I bought the pioneer there is my daughter in law is the parts manager plus they where good to deal with. I've got the flood lights like yours sitting there to, Do they make any noticeable difference? We are going that way this weekend so I will pick up my bumper and the rest of my goodies on Sun the 5th. My daughter in law brought everything home to their house so will pick it up there. She said the bumper in the box was so big she barely got it in her van. Told me to make sure I bring the truck. Hopefully the paint is ok, but what's up with the flat black? My rear bumper is that way. Oh well, at least they'll match.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
As far as the lights, I just got everything wired last week end and have not had the Pioneer out yet. But they sure are bright in the garage, They make the headlights look yellow. Now I know why everyone is looking to change the bulbs. Yea,You will need a truck because the box they put the front bumper in is one Big @$$ box, That's for sure. I really don't know why Honda didn't put the same finish on the front and rear bumper like the original one. It would look so much better, I guess the same reason they didn't paint the tail gate handles. I did paint them gloss black, just couldn't stand it, Plus they look so much better now.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!