BOX1 - TEST

P700 Front passenger tire wear

Dupoky

Dupoky

Jan 19, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a 2021 700-4 that has some abnormal tire wear on the passenger front. Just curious if anyone else has had this issue. Nothing looks bent or worn. Only 400 miles on the machine. Almost looks maybe like a camber issue. Ideas or suggestions????

Reactions: Lady01
FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
My 2020 has really bad front tire wear on the original stocks. I think the tires just have crap soft rubber compound. BUT, my fronts did wear pretty evenly. I am sure if you search my posts, you should be able to see the pic I posted to compare to your wear.

Reactions: Lady01 and Dupoky
Hickstrong

Hickstrong

Aug 19, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
mine had a 1.5" in camber on the left, somehow the control arm welds had cracked paint. the previous owner must have hit something but tow in and out wasnt changed. I lifted it with can am shocks and the 1.5" went to the other side......go figure! but the stock 2016 tires are wearing evenly, so if tow in and out is close you should be good. I would check it with 2 2x4s and a measure tape.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have a 2021 700-4 that has some abnormal tire wear on the passenger front. Just curious if anyone else has had this issue. Nothing looks bent or worn. Only 400 miles on the machine. Almost looks maybe like a camber issue. Ideas or suggestions????
Assuming you’ve checked alignment specs?

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
My 2020 has really bad front tire wear on the original stocks. I think the tires just have crap soft rubber compound. BUT, my fronts did wear pretty evenly. I am sure if you search my posts, you should be able to see the pic I posted to compare to your wear.
Not sure soft rubber is a bad thing, a full 99.5 percent of our time is in swamps, woods or sand and overall the tires worked well.
I do not drive on concrete or hard pack much at all and the tire wear I got was perfectly fine.
A hard tire is great for roads and hard pack but not good at grabbing little things that can offer traction when there is very little.
The other thing one must remember is that these are off road buggies and not highway vehicles so there is a trade off there as well.
The rigidity and overall adherence to finite parameters isn't there.

FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
Assuming you’ve checked alignment specs?
If you look at the pics I had posted, both front tires wore exactly the same, and the wear is nothing I have ever seen in a tire. The center and sides of the tire still have tread, but are nearly bald in between. Not an alignment or inflation wear sign.
I do not drive on concrete or hard pack much at all and the tire wear I got was perfectly fine.

The rigidity and overall adherence to finite parameters isn't there.
Soft rubber can be good. I do have to do some pavement driving, and a fair amount of hard pack. But the rears of my machine have nearly no wear, and I noticed significant front wear within 1000 miles.

I ordered some Tusk Terabites, so hopefully the radial truck type tire will hold up better, and for a majority of my rides, heavy traction isn't necessary. Mostly all forest service roads and jeep trails here.

Dupoky

Dupoky

Jan 19, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
I think that it has to be a toe in issue on that side. The middle to outside 3rd of the tire is wearing. Outside edge is fine Seems like the alignment is okay with measurements. Thinking that maybe the arm on that side might have a bit of angle to it. We have to drive some asphalt to get out of our property to get to dirt roads and I am sure that is increasing the wear also.

BOX2
box3 - TEST

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!