P700 700-4 Front End Noise

L

Lake Erie

Oct 30, 2022
Estral Beach, Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
My 2022 700-4 is making an awful noise in the front. Attached are videos of each side with wheel off the ground. If it is being driven in 4WD, then the noise goes away. Pretty disappointing for something that I bought new in June and has 350 miles on it, and 300 of those were driven on two lane dirt roads around our cabin.

Has anyone experienced something similar?

Attachments

• Driverside.mp4
    8.3 MB
  • Passengerside.mp4
    10.8 MB
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome fellow Michigander.

have u checked your diff fluid? There were many that came off the line without fluid in areas. Use the search up to to find those threads.
if shes empty, that new and low milage, take her back to the dealer for warranty work .

Oh, come back and keep us posted. Too many start a thread with an issue, especially first posters and dont come back with the fix

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
What he said . . .☝️☝️☝️
And what I said at the other place.
My next question would be. Have you shown that video to your dealer?
If you did, and they do not help, FIND a different dealer!
Have a good day

L

Lake Erie

Oct 30, 2022
Estral Beach, Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome fellow Michigander.
were many that came off the line without fluid in areas. Use the search up to to find those threads.
if shes empty, that new and low milage, take her back to the dealer for warranty work .

Oh, come back and keep us posted. Too many start a thread with an issue, especially first posters and dont come back with the fix
I've had it into the dealer once before for a squeak, but they couldn't find anything. I drove it around their parking lot a good bit, and it wasn't making the noise, so I can't blame them for not finding anything. They did claim they checked all the fluids, and everything was fine. I will be checking it when I go back up to our cabin for rifle season this weekend, as well as taking the brakes apart to make sure there aren't any rocks stuck in the pads/rotors.

Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
@Lake Erie I was doing some research over here. I did a search up above "brake squeal", and just started reading any post that said brakes. Model doesn't matter, the system is mostly the same. Found a few post that were worth reading.
If you’re on the wear bar it will squeal. Mine last around 600-700 miles. I’m at 1700 miles and I change them like clockwork. Fronts only. If the fluid is low then it’s time for fronts. I just did the rears for the first time. The rears have two arrows/triangles on the caliper and when they line up it’s time for those. I’ll be doing fronts soon for the third time. I keep a spare set on hand. These are sintered. The organic lasted me the longest. I might go organic next. The organic feel like I have to push harder to stop. Happy to help. 😎🤎2014-2016 Honda Pioneer 500 700 Sintered HH Front Brake Pads
The squealing could be coming a driveshaft boot or differential seal.

Honda had a service article about this on the 700, due to dry seal lips.
@HondaTech are you allowed to post that service article? Or is it against your work policy? Thanks
EDIT to say Found it
Oh, and there is sort of an unwritten rule, over here, to post pics of your ride. So we know that you know that we know we are actually helping a real person. haha plus everyone likes pics!
Have a good day

Last edited:
L

Lake Erie

Oct 30, 2022
Estral Beach, Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
@Lake Erie I was doing some research over here. I did a search up above "brake squeal", and just started reading any post that said brakes. Model doesn't matter, the system is mostly the same. Found a few post that were worth reading.

@HondaTech are you allowed to post that service article? Or is it against your work policy? Thanks
EDIT to say Found it
Oh, and there is sort of an unwritten rule, over here, to post pics of your ride. So we know that you know that we know we are actually helping a real person. haha plus everyone likes pics!
Have a good day

I'll have to shoot some pics of it. When I first got it in June, I was in the middle of sanding down part of our log cabin and restaining it, so please excuse the mess around it. Depending on what happens this weekend with further inspecting it, I may use something considerably more substantial than a camera to "shoot" it. LOL.

Chris

Honda garage

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'll have to shoot some pics of it. When I first got it in June, I was in the middle of sanding down part of our log cabin and restaining it, so please excuse the mess around it. Depending on what happens this weekend with further inspecting it, I may use something considerably more substantial than a camera to "shoot" it. LOL.

Chris

View attachment 363151
Where is your cabin?
mine is in the Gaylord area

L

Lake Erie

Oct 30, 2022
Estral Beach, Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
🤣 But have you?

Who is the dealer?
Regrettably, I did not. I guess I'm a bit paranoid with Honda, as the owner guide wants you to take it to the dealer for everything (they don't even list the recommended coolant to use, for example). So, I worried that if I did open up the plug to inspect the fluid, then they would say I caused the issue and void the warranty. Stupidly paranoid on my part, in retrospect. I will be doing that this weekend.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Regrettably, I did not. I guess I'm a bit paranoid with Honda, as the owner guide wants you to take it to the dealer for everything (they don't even list the recommended coolant to use, for example). So, I worried that if I did open up the plug to inspect the fluid, then they would say I caused the issue and void the warranty. Stupidly paranoid on my part, in retrospect. I will be doing that this weekend.
Dont feel that way. All manufactures do that just to cover there A$$. Its not just Honda.
who was that dealer again?

L

Lake Erie

Oct 30, 2022
Estral Beach, Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
Cool! Im up here now getting ready to head to the blind for the opener.
Good luck with the hunt!! My boss scheduled 3 full days of sales meetings Tues - Thurs this week, so I'm stuck in the office for 3 days. 😢 He's from the UK, and doesn't understand that Nov. 15th is a state holiday!! I'll be going North on Thursday afternoon, though.

The dealer I purchased it from is Trojan Motorsports in Monroe. I was thinking of calling Extreme in Gaylord if I have to take it in, just so I didn't have to drag it twice between Monroe and Wolverine.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Good luck with the hunt!! My boss scheduled 3 full days of sales meetings Tues - Thurs this week, so I'm stuck in the office for 3 days. 😢 He's from the UK, and doesn't understand that Nov. 15th is a state holiday!! I'll be going North on Thursday afternoon, though.

The dealer I purchased it from is Trojan Motorsports in Monroe. I was thinking of calling Extreme in Gaylord if I have to take it in, just so I didn't have to drag it twice between Monroe and Wolverine.
I get my sleds from and service from Extreme. There good.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!