Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Got a big doe yesterday as the day was closing, lucky enough to also recover the 240gr .44 mag bullet from the off side.
Worked perfectly.
No shots up here today and very few yesterday.
Just was too warm too long and no one up to move them around.

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
Congrats, Glock! At least you got one. Can't wait to get off work today and head Up North. Even if you aren't seeing that much, I always like to say "A bad day in the woods hunting beats a good day at work!"
Good luck and best wishes @Lake Erie please keep us updated.
Mrs. Glock took a button buck yesterday so we have 2 in the tree right now.
I am here at the cabin till the end of the month so I have time yet.
Here is Mrs. Glock with our grandson.
His parents were in their blinds when the photo was taken.
20221117 142215

L

Lake Erie

Oct 30, 2022
Estral Beach, Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
Update - After my morning hunt, I started working on the Pioneer. Pulled the brake pads out all together, rotated the spindle, and - exact same noise. Put the pads and tire back on, lowered it, checked the diff fluid - could not see any. Pics attached. On my way Up North, I stopped at the dealer in Gaylord and bought 1 bottle (8 oz), and it took the whole bottle without coming through the opening. Tested for noise - Exact same noise. So, now I'm figuring the front diff is trashed. After 8 full ounces, it still isn't full.

When I took it in to the dealer I bought it from for a "noise in the front end" concern a couple months back, they couldn't find anything, I drove it around their parking lot, and I could not get it to replicate. They said they checked all the fluids, and everything was good. I might try to the 2x4 procedure tomorrow between the morning and afternoon hunts, but I really think I'd be wasting my time. I do think I'll take it to the dealer in Gaylord, as it's 45 minutes away instead of 4.5 hours. If it's a warranty job at this point, it shouldn't matter. They are backed up 1 month out from the day you drop it off. I'm so disgusted with this machine right now, I don't want to ride in it. It will suck not having the plow for my driveway, though.

Side note - even the guys in the dealer who listened to my video said it sounded like rocks between the pad and rotor.

Chris

IMG 4169 IMG 4170

L

Lake Erie

Oct 30, 2022
Estral Beach, Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
Update - I dragged the Pioneer all the way back to the dealer where I bought it in Monroe. They looked at it today, and determined it was low on diff oil, even after I put 8 ounces in it. They can't find a leak anywhere, so they believe that it came from the factory that way, and admitted they missed it on the PDI. They flushed the diff and inspected the internals with a scope and believe that the gears do not appear to be damaged from the low oil condition. It is documented on the work order, so should I have some issues down the road with diff wear, I would have that to argue with Honda on. I drove it around home, and it sounds and drives like it should.

I'm glad the noise is gone, but I am worried about the wear and tear on the gears from running 350 miles with low oil. If I keep it, I definitely will buy the extended warranty. I'm just worried it will always be in the back of my mind that the gears have more wear on them than they should, and every new noise I hear will obviously be the diff coming apart. And these Honda's definitely make a lot of different noises.

Chris

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update - I dragged the Pioneer all the way back to the dealer where I bought it in Monroe. They looked at it today, and determined it was low on diff oil, even after I put 8 ounces in it. They can't find a leak anywhere, so they believe that it came from the factory that way, and admitted they missed it on the PDI. They flushed the diff and inspected the internals with a scope and believe that the gears do not appear to be damaged from the low oil condition. It is documented on the work order, so should I have some issues down the road with diff wear, I would have that to argue with Honda on. I drove it around home, and it sounds and drives like it should.

I'm glad the noise is gone, but I am worried about the wear and tear on the gears from running 350 miles with low oil. If I keep it, I definitely will buy the extended warranty. I'm just worried it will always be in the back of my mind that the gears have more wear on them than they should, and every new noise I hear will obviously be the diff coming apart. And these Honda's definitely make a lot of different noises.

Chris
I bet it'll be fine. I wouldn't worry about it but defintely good that it's documented at the dealer

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!