BOX1

P700 Squeaking Underneath

H

Hank---S

Jun 21, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a 2019 Honda 700-4 that has a squeaking noise coming from somewhere underneath after the unit warms up. If I put it in 4wd it will stop. Most annoying sound ever!! Any suggestions? Still under warranty just didn't know if this may be something that was simple enough to keep me from going back to dealer.

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I know that I can hear my rear brake rotor rub the brake pads most of time.

H

HondaTech

I use to get Ranchers that would squeak or squeal only when moving.

Ended up being the rubber boot on the driveshaft that was dry and rubbing the diff housing. I'm referring to the boots that have the o-rings holding them on.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
You have to pin point it if it sounds that bad. There’ll be some new noises as it breaks in. Lift it off the ground and see if can duplicate the sound if you’re worried. My rear brakes squeak a bit but I ride her hard and put her away wet. I’m hitting 1200 miles and it’s pretty smooth. ;)

H

Hank---S

Jun 21, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
You have to pin point it if it sounds that bad. There’ll be some new noises as it breaks in. Lift it off the ground and see if can duplicate the sound if you’re worried. My rear brakes squeak a bit but I ride her hard and put her away wet. I’m hitting 1200 miles and it’s pretty smooth. ;)
It sounds like it is somewhere on the driveshaft towards the front. I guess I will carry it to the dealer and let them put it on the rack. Almost sounds like a bearing but can't understand why it stops at about 5mph. I will let y'all know what they find.

Reactions: Mudwing
Diverguy

Diverguy

Oct 8, 2018
PA, USA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I had the EXACT same thing on my '18...squeeked at low speed, stopped as soon as I engaged 4wd. I took it to the dealer...they drove it a bit, until it made the noise. First thing they asked- "was it in water". The tech sprayed a bunch of bushings, and it still squeeked. He said they could tear it down, but were 2 weeks out. It didn't sound mechanical to him, so we decided to let it go until Winter. It stopped completely the next weekend. But yes, it was very annoying.

Reactions: Mudwing
Conner

Conner

Jan 2, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
Loosen the 4 bolts that hold the front pinion and rotate it up with a 2x4 and tighten bolts. Mine stopped by doing this . I put on jacks started it up put in gear and just rest my finger on the front driveshaft and it would stop making the noise. Easy to try atleast takes 5min.

H

Hank---S

Jun 21, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
I use to get Ranchers that would squeak or squeal only when moving.

Ended up being the rubber boot on the driveshaft that was dry and rubbing the diff housing. I'm referring to the boots that have the o-rings holding them on.
Carried mine to the dealership first of the week and it was the boot where the drive shaft goes into the front differential. They greased it and all is good now. Squeak is completely gone thank God.

Dave_H

Dave_H

Sep 15, 2018
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
Loosen the 4 bolts that hold the front pinion and rotate it up with a 2x4 and tighten bolts. Mine stopped by doing this . I put on jacks started it up put in gear and just rest my finger on the front driveshaft and it would stop making the noise. Easy to try atleast takes 5min.

Reactions: Smitty335
Guitaraustin99

Guitaraustin99

Feb 5, 2019
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a 2019 Honda 700-4 that has a squeaking noise coming from somewhere underneath after the unit warms up. If I put it in 4wd it will stop. Most annoying sound ever!! Any suggestions? Still under warranty just didn't know if this may be something that was simple enough to keep me from going back to dealer.

Check the clamps on the heat shield. Mine have loosened up a few times and make a "chirping/squeaking".

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Carried mine to the dealership first of the week and it was the boot where the drive shaft goes into the front differential. They greased it and all is good now. Squeak is completely gone thank God.
Good to know! Thanks for posting.

H

HondaTech

We got a service article about this noise, and this was one of the fixes.

Could also be the nub at the front shaft being dry as well.

jmanAZ

jmanAZ

Jan 14, 2020
tucson
Ownership

1. 700-4
We got a service article about this noise, and this was one of the fixes.

Could also be the nub at the front shaft being dry as well.
hi,

mine is making this noise and since I'm under warranty I'm taking mine in Monday. I told my dealer there was a service bulletin and they said they hadn't heard of it. How can I find the bulletin?

H

HondaTech

hi,

mine is making this noise and since I'm under warranty I'm taking mine in Monday. I told my dealer there was a service bulletin and they said they hadn't heard of it. How can I find the bulletin?

Refer them to the April,May,June "The Wrench" quarterly news letter we get. Ive attached a picture of the article.

Screenshot 20200925 213904 Drive

B

Bassmf

May 7, 2021
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
What 4 bolts exactly I have the same issue!

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!