P700 Help Diagnosing irregular Squeaking noise

Bluehammer

Bluehammer

May 4, 2018
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hello All, I'm in need of some help diagnosing an irregular squeaking noise coming from my 700-4. I'm banging my head trying to figure it out...Here is what i know and what i've done.

• The noise seems to be coming from underneath between the engine and the rear diff.
  • It's random with no real pattern of pitch. But is fairly loud as you don't have to strain your ear to try and hear it.
  • It's repeatable when under throttle, then goes away when taking foot of gas.
I've cleaned and lubed all motor mounts and areas of suspension, But have not taken off any rubber boots to do any greasing...not sure if this is needed, and nothing is noted on this in the manual.

Any help or opinions are appreciated as I live on an island in Alaska, so bringing it into a shop is a hassle to say the least and expensive just for the transporting back and forth. Thanks in advance. Cheers.

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
It my dear man sounds like the same wretched squeak from the exhaust that soany of us suffer at times.
The exhaust will squeak and rattle insufferably at times.
Mine has been quiet for quite some time but it had its moments.
Research the exhaust rattles on here and you will find pages devoted to it.
Good luck and keep us updated.

Bluehammer

Bluehammer

May 4, 2018
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
It my dear man sounds like the same wretched squeak from the exhaust that soany of us suffer at times.
Really? I would not have pegged it as an exhaust issue. I'm not sure thats it. Its not a rattle, its a squeak

Bluehammer

Bluehammer

May 4, 2018
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-4
So... after tearing things apart and trying to fix it the squeak, it is still happening. I just fired it back up for the season and will take another stab at it.

Last edited:
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That was what i'm thinking.

Reactions: Glock21user
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
So... after tearing things apart and trying t fix it the squeak is still happening. just fireweed it back up for the season and will take another stab at it.
What did you do? It's usually the joint between the front and rear pipes. There is a graphite collar on there, and when it gets worn down a bit from ineffective clamping, it will squeak.
If that's the case, I fixed mine here...

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!