P700 Squeaking Underneath

G

Greggo

Refer them to the April,May,June "The Wrench" quarterly news letter we get. Ive attached a picture of the article.

View attachment 226394
Hey by chance is this in the font boot? sorry I am no real mechanic but the picture I cannot tell where this is I definelty have this issue with only 30 hours. Should take it to the dealer but they are already telling me its not under warranty so we are butting heads on this. Also it will take 3 weeks to get to it and must drop it off. So if I can fix it myself then so be it. So any help I would be greatly appreciative!!!

Last edited:
H

HondaTech

Hey by chance is this in the font boot? sorry I am no real mechanic but the picture I cannot tell where this is I definelty have this issue with only 30 hours. Should take it to the dealer but they are already telling me its not under warranty so we are butting heads on this. Also it will take 3 weeks to get to it and must drop it off. So if I can fix it myself then so be it. So any help I would be greatly appreciative!!!

Yes, it's the shaft going into the back of the front differential.

H

HondaTech

Thank you so very much!! Anything I should be aware of before I attempt it. Sorry to be full of questions!

Read the bulletin i posted to verify what situation your in, it could be just a dry pinion seal or lack of grease on the shaft end.

The diff doesn't need to come all the way out.

There is a spring in the coupler on the engine side.

G

Greggo

Ok yea that is what I was going by. In 4 wheel drive no noise at all, in 2 wheel drive just squealing especially when letting off the gas and coasting. Jacked it up all 4 wheels off the ground without front wheels spinning only the back wheels. the noise is definitely in the front just couldn’t pin it down was it a bearing or what.

NorthernJoe

NorthernJoe

Feb 10, 2021
Northern Ontario
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok yea that is what I was going by. In 4 wheel drive no noise at all, in 2 wheel drive just squealing especially when letting off the gas and coasting. Jacked it up all 4 wheels off the ground without front wheels spinning only the back wheels. the noise is definitely in the front just couldn’t pin it down was it a bearing or what.
I found this thread last week as I was trying to find out what all the noise was up front when I let off the gas. Looked high and Low, I don't have enough miles for the grease to have dried up or wear things out, so where is that horrible noise coming from? way worse in 2wd than 4wd. I gave up looking. Today I decided to change the diff oil. The front was totally DRY and the back had 6oz. Filled up the diff's with 75-140 synthetic oil and now its quiet as a mouse.

G

Greggo

Yea I had checked that as well as there seemed to be 3 items I found. This grease as stated by Honda Tech, low diff oil and I also seen one where someone not sure here or where they looses the diff up and lifted up on it and retightened it. Mine is the grease for sure as I checked the diff oil

😫

G

Greggo

Just to close it out. Seems the inner seal was leaking causing my squealing what the dealer called to say. Parts ordered and warranty work in progress. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!