P700 Squeaking sound

Brentc

Brentc

May 8, 2016
SE AK
I keep hearing a squeaking sound at the 5mph idle range. It sounds like it coming from the cage but I've tighten the s*** out of every bolt on the cage. Has anybody solved this? Thanks

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I keep hearing a squeaking sound at the 5mph idle range. It sounds like it coming from the cage but I've tighten the s*** out of every bolt on the cage. Has anybody solved this? Thanks

Do you have the Honda hard roof?

I did on my 700 it was the source of the squeaks. I never did anything about it, but always wanted to. To me it sounded like it was coming from the clamps for the roof. I think there needs to be some grease put between the clamp and the plastic roof.

Let us know if you find anything out about that please.

Brentc

Brentc

May 8, 2016
SE AK
I'm still waiting for the hard roof to arrive. I can see the cage shake when accelerating from 5-10mph. I'm hoping when my glass windshield arrives that will help stiffin the cage.
Thanks for the reply I'll be lookin out when I install the roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: joeymt33
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Dang it's tough to diagnose a squeak but the most common on the 700 is probably the door latches or the dump bed mechanism. I would investigate these areas first. The way I'd do it is drive 5 mph to make it start squeaking, then hold your door open. Still squeaking? Have your wife open hers. Still squeaking? Pull the lever to dump the bed. Hopefully one of those actions at least identify a the source of the squeak. Then you can determine how best to fix it, @Lynn I think has a thread on how to stop squeaks somewhere. For the dump bed latch I think you just wrap electrical tape on the latch pin. I hope some of this is useful, good luck!

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Where the bed hook's put tape on it then put Marine Grease on the hook's should help.

Reactions: Tflynn
Brentc

Brentc

May 8, 2016
SE AK
Dang it's tough to diagnose a squeak but the most common on the 700 is probably the door latches or the dump bed mechanism. I would investigate these areas first. The way I'd do it is drive 5 mph to make it start squeaking, then hold your door open. Still squeaking? Have your wife open hers. Still squeaking? Pull the lever to dump the bed. Hopefully one of those actions at least identify a the source of the squeak. Then you can determine how best to fix it, @Lynn I think has a thread on how to stop squeaks somewhere. For the dump bed latch I think you just wrap electrical tape on the latch pin. I hope some of this is useful, good luck!
Thanks! I had adjusted the bed but didn't think about the door latches. I noticed with the passenger open I wasn't getting the squeak only had enough time to adjust the latch before it started raining. I'll go for a spin again and see if I got it.

Brentc

Brentc

May 8, 2016
SE AK
It was the driver and passenger door latches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!