P700 Fuel Filter

W

WadeTF17

Jun 26, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
So since my first adventure in deep water and not thinking about the fact that I didn't yet extend my fuel vent and had to drain my tank and refill with fresh fuel, I have spent many summers with my Dad on and around boats. That being said, I understand these machines are not boats or submarines, BUT I was thinking about installing a fuel filter/water separator. Gasoline does absorb moisture on its own, especially these newer blends where they are blending in more ethanol, which absorbs even more moisture. So I was thinking, for the small amount of money, why not have the added insurance of better filtration with the bonus of pulling water out of the fuel?

RACOR 10 Micron Spin-On Series Fuel Filter/Water Separator - 120R | West Marine

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In the filter discription is says not for inboard engines or where the filter housing will see high engine heat. Something to keep in mind. I just used an inline filter, 5/16" barbed end on both sides and hose clamps

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Reactions: swsebek
W

WadeTF17

Jun 26, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
True, logically though I would try to keep any bit of fuel away from a source of any sort of heat with the exception being at the injector and in the engine haha.

They have another model that is $125 and the housing for the mount and bowl is made of metal rather than a polymer. I could easily justify the extra $25 for that and not worry.

Reactions: Tflynn and popeye
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
True, logically though I would try to keep any bit of fuel away from a source of any sort of heat with the exception being at the injector and in the engine haha.

They have another model that is $125 and the housing for the mount and bowl is made of metal rather than a polymer. I could easily justify the extra $25 for that and not worry.
Not sure if non ethanol fuel is available around you, but thats what i ran all winter. During the summer my rig doesn't sit on a single tank long enough to have the corn fuel do any dirty work. Plus seems like fuel injected rigs handle the corn fuel much better than any thing with a carb.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

W

WadeTF17

Jun 26, 2017
Texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Not sure if non ethanol fuel is available around you, but thats what i ran all winter. During the summer my rig doesn't sit on a single tank long enough to have the corn fuel do any dirty work. Plus seems like fuel injected rigs handle the corn fuel much better than any thing with a carb.

Well at a typical pump at exxon or shell, they say that the fuel contains a certain percent of blah blah blah and its a bunch of wank. If I can at all help it I fill up my buggy and truck with fuel from Costco. The fuel even smells better, like fuel from back in the early 90's haha

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well at a typical pump at exxon or shell, they say that the fuel contains a certain percent of blah blah blah and its a bunch of wank. If I can at all help it I fill up my buggy and truck with fuel from Costco. The fuel even smells better, like fuel from back in the early 90's haha
I think there is a web site that you can punch in your zip code and it will list if there is any stations that sell ethanol free pump gas near you. I remember someone posting about it on here a few months back. To me its worth the extra $.50 a gallon to not have to clean out any thing that operates on a carb.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!