P700m4 K&N Filter

dereklm

dereklm

Jun 25, 2017
Port St Joe, Fl
Ownership

1. 700-4
Is The K&N filter worth it. I am considering adding the K&N filter with wrap but am wondering if its worth the expense. Anyone see a difference.

Reactions: sharp
Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have a snorkel and added a K&N filter and wrap after the snorkel. I like it. I would not have put one in if I had the stock setup as it allows too much dust and dirt and the foam I think is better for that. I have a P700 by the way. I think performance is a little better with the K&N

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
What K&N filter are you using @Tflynn ?

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
With stock setup I'm not sure it's worth it....KN will allow dust in without a pre filter...
Save your money and get a couple uni
And pre oil them and put in ziplock bag.
Switch out every couple dusty rides....

xltman

xltman

Feb 1, 2017
US
I like the k&n with the prefilter. I wash the prefilter every weekend, and the filter keeps looking new.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Deluxe700
MJayco

MJayco

Oct 27, 2016
NH
Ownership

1. 700-4
I like the k&n with the prefilter. I wash the prefilter every weekend, and the filter keeps looking new.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I have been just blowing off the prefilter with compressed air and the filter seems to stay fairly cleen.

Reactions: Deluxe700
advertisement
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
K&N with the required prefilter doesn't flow any better than stock. Leave it alone and enjoy 10's of thousands of miles of reliable riding.
I agree, I bought a second stock air filter, keep one cleaned in a ziploc when the time comes I oil it and change them out.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!