NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hard to do when they immediately called them and forced them to raise their price. So you believe in price gouging? So much for free market.
As others have stated...MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) is a standard practice in our free market. It is part of the distributor agreement companies sign to be able to resell the products of others. Those policies don't generally prevent you from buying at a lower price, you just have to call them up and ask for a lower price. You don't have to like it, but you are playing the game everyday blissfully unaware.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
As others have stated...MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) is a standard practice in our free market. It is part of the distributor agreement companies sign to be able to resell the products of others. Those policies don't generally prevent you from buying at a lower price, you just have to call them up and ask for a lower price. You don't have to like it, but you are playing the game everyday blissfully unaware.
but... but.... waaaaaaaaaaa

lol

M

Montster

Nov 13, 2019
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hi Monster, what dealer did you purchase from? I want the hard cabs windshield myself? Thanks

I think my local cycle shop purchases hard cabs through quadboss... there for a while they had an incredible deal on the cab for the p700.. i think it was only 1700 or 1800 for the entire cab.. i thought it was a typo but it wasn't. You can go to quadboss, open trail, or moose, website to price and purchase the cab. You may be able to to hard cabs website direct and get some info..

Reactions: Lady01
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Sorry for the confusion. I'll clear the air and explain.

That kit is obsolete. We no longer make the doors in the clear "standard" poly material. Either way, that was a good price, but its was much cheaper because it was the standard poly material. I didn't realize that at the time. It was an old listing before we changed the kit to the tinted "hard coated" material. The part number on their website was wrong anyway, so no order would have been able to be processed.

Another thing, I was serious about "jump on that deal." @russknight is correct about MAP policy pricing. This has become an ugly industry at times with dealers undercutting each other and putting others out of business. We have an awesome dealer network, and try to make them all happy and successful.

So....no price gouging. Its a different kit altogether now that it has the tinted hard coated material. Its way better this way, even though its more expensive. The hard coated stuff can take a beating. The standard stuff can get scratched up pretty good if you're not careful....and nobody wants a full cab enclosure on their SxS that they have to be careful with.

Again, sorry for the confusion. Its actually good we caught it before that dealer got screwed and lost money because of the change in price with the hard coated upgrade.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Sorry for the confusion. I'll clear the air and explain.

That kit is obsolete. We no longer make the doors in the clear "standard" poly material. Either way, that was a good price, but its was much cheaper because it was the standard poly material. I didn't realize that at the time. It was an old listing before we changed the kit to the tinted "hard coated" material. The part number on their website was wrong anyway, so no order would have been able to be processed.

Another thing, I was serious about "jump on that deal." @russknight is correct about MAP policy pricing. This has become an ugly industry at times with dealers undercutting each other and putting others out of business. We have an awesome dealer network, and try to make them all happy and successful.

So....no price gouging. Its a different kit altogether now that it has the tinted hard coated material. Its way better this way, even though its more expensive. The hard coated stuff can take a beating. The standard stuff can get scratched up pretty good if you're not careful....and nobody wants a full cab enclosure on their SxS that they have to be careful with.

Again, sorry for the confusion. Its actually good we caught it before that dealer got screwed and lost money because of the change in price with the hard coated upgrade.

My wife and I own a plumbing and electrical wholesale business. We buy direct from the manufacturer on about 90% of what we sell. We operate a fixed based business. We have a tremendous overhead associated with it. Payroll, liability and contents insurance, workers compensation insurance, phone and internet, property tax, utilities, property maintenance and more. A good number of our manufacturers have implemented MAP pricing and we appreciate it. With monsters like Amazon out there, selling products that drop ship from the manufacturer straight to their warehouse, then straight to the customer. The Amazon seller, usually, has virtually no overhead, so they can sell their products much cheaper than someone like us. We appreciate our manufacturers that employ MAP pricing, which protects us from the internet whores.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
My wife and I own a plumbing and electrical wholesale business. We buy direct from the manufacturer on about 90% of what we sell. We operate a fixed based business. We have a tremendous overhead associated with it. Payroll, liability and contents insurance, workers compensation insurance, phone and internet, property tax, utilities, property maintenance and more. A good number of our manufacturers have implemented MAP pricing and we appreciate it. With monsters like Amazon out there, selling products that drop ship from the manufacturer straight to their warehouse, then straight to the customer. The Amazon seller, usually, has virtually no overhead, so they can sell their products much cheaper than someone like us. We appreciate our manufacturers that employ MAP pricing, which protects us from the internet whores.

Yep! We call them couch dealers. We've been trying to clean up the program, and get rid of the guys that are hurting good respectable dealers. And then Amazon.......whoa, that's a mess. Convenient for the consumer, but totally screws everybody on the other end. In this case it was a good catch because they still had the old obsolete kit advertised, before we upgraded it to the good scratch resistant tinted stuff. Unfortunately that happens all too often, and other sellers just forget to take down or update obsolete items and pages. And then I look like the bad guy! Lol!

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
Yep! We call them couch dealers. We've been trying to clean up the program, and get rid of the guys that are hurting good respectable dealers. And then Amazon.......whoa, that's a mess. Convenient for the consumer, but totally screws everybody on the other end. In this case it was a good catch because they still had the old obsolete kit advertised, before we upgraded it to the good scratch resistant tinted stuff. Unfortunately that happens all too often, and other sellers just forget to take down or update obsolete items and pages. And then I look like the bad guy! Lol!

You treated me right. Thank you.

D

dook

Aug 24, 2020
montana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Those side doors are hinged at the rear. I have doubts that they would mate with my Honda hard rear panel.

Reactions: ChadD and Lady01
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
You treated me right. Thank you.
Hell yeah buddy. Thank you. Hit me up any time.
Those side doors are hinged at the rear. I have doubts that they would mate with my Honda hard rear panel.
I've been going over the instructions, and they work great with our rear windshield and clamps. On pages 10+ in the instructions you can see how it mounts up in the rear. Pretty sure it was all designed to work with the OEM front and rear windshields, along with the OEM roof. Here's the instructions if you want to get a closer look. Check out pages 10 - 14.

advertisement
G

GEM1N1998

Oct 22, 2020
Lee's Summit
i have the Honda hard doors,I really like them,I had to make a mounting bracket for my seizmik mirrirs, but, they fit nice, now they have them in 2 colors, they would be even better.

View attachment 228581 View attachment 228582 View attachment 228583 View attachment 228584

What rear window are you running? You have the exact setup I’m looking for. I want to enclose the front seat and leave the rear open so i can use the bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It’s an armor tech back,

I

IdahoSxS

May 15, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
D

dook

Aug 24, 2020
montana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
As others have stated...MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) is a standard practice in our free market.
There are lots of standard practices like this that circumvent the free market. Of course it serves the interests of those who have the highest overhead. Often suppliers with high overhead deserve the extra mark up. In a true free market it is the buyers decision whether to pay extra for better service and sometimes I do pay considerably more for products from a seller who provides services I anticipate needing.
I understand there are buyers who will take advantage of sellers who provide the services and then buy the product on ebay, but a free market is an imperfect solution to the complex problems of commerce that permits buyers to make their own choices.
Buyers don't want to support high overhead when they don't have any expectations of using those services or don't place any value on them. MAP forces buyers to involuntarily pay extra and circumvents the free market.
Without MAP, the product will still sell at more than wholesale and the manufacturer will not be hurt.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There are lots of standard practices like this that circumvent the free market. Of course it serves the interests of those who have the highest overhead. Often suppliers with high overhead deserve the extra mark up. In a true free market it is the buyers decision whether to pay extra for better service and sometimes I do pay considerably more for products from a seller who provides services I anticipate needing.
I understand there are buyers who will take advantage of sellers who provide the services and then buy the product on ebay, but a free market is an imperfect solution to the complex problems of commerce that permits buyers to make their own choices.
Buyers don't want to support high overhead when they don't have any expectations of using those services or don't place any value on them. MAP forces buyers to involuntarily pay extra and circumvents the free market.
Without MAP, the product will still sell at more than wholesale and the manufacturer will not be hurt.
As stated in my post…call and ask for a lower price. They can’t advertise a lower price but that does nothing to prevent them from selling it to you below their cost even if they would like. So no it doesn’t force buyers to involuntarily pay extra for overhead or anything else it just forces the buyer to pick up the phone or send an email to get a better price than they are allowed to openly advertise.

Reactions: Lady01 and dook
D

dook

Aug 24, 2020
montana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
As stated in my post…call and ask for a lower price. They can’t advertise a lower price but that does nothing to prevent them from selling it to you below their cost even if they would like. So no it doesn’t force buyers to involuntarily pay extra for overhead or anything else it just forces the buyer to pick up the phone or send an email to get a better price than they are allowed to openly advertise.
Good way to circumvent the circumvention!

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
MAP forces buyers to involuntarily pay extra and circumvents the free market.
Disagree.

Dealers who sell a product are, in essence, representing the manufacturers. They are the ones interacting with the customer and, even when someone gets bad service from a/an (independent) dealer, they often blame the manufacturers. We both know there are a ton of people who say, "I'm never buying a Ford/Chevy/Dodge again", yet the problem was with the DEALERSHIP, not with the manufacturer.

Regarding MAP, if you have dealer who sells at rock bottom prices just to move volume but does a horrible job after the sale or on service, many customers will blame the manufacturer. But the seller doesn't care, as they are just moving volume and making money. They are only concerned with maximizing the profits on one sale, not building a relationship with a customer who will come back over and over.

By having MAP restrictions, it most certainly encourages dealers to provide better after the sale support. They don't have to compete with some idiot selling the same product at 15% below MAP and spending $0 providing after the sale support.

As an FFL, I know all about MAP pricing and how it can and can't affect sales, customers, reputation, etc..

D

dook

Aug 24, 2020
montana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Disagree.

Dealers who sell a product are, in essence, representing the manufacturers. They are the ones interacting with the customer and, even when someone gets bad service from a/an (independent) dealer, they often blame the manufacturers. We both know there are a ton of people who say, "I'm never buying a Ford/Chevy/Dodge again", yet the problem was with the DEALERSHIP, not with the manufacturer.

Regarding MAP, if you have dealer who sells at rock bottom prices just to move volume but does a horrible job after the sale or on service, many customers will blame the manufacturer. But the seller doesn't care, as they are just moving volume and making money. They are only concerned with maximizing the profits on one sale, not building a relationship with a customer who will come back over and over.

By having MAP restrictions, it most certainly encourages dealers to provide better after the sale support. They don't have to compete with some idiot selling the same product at 15% below MAP and spending $0 providing after the sale support.

As an FFL, I know all about MAP pricing and how it can and can't affect sales, customers, reputation, etc..
I can understand that, but in the age of the internet it's easy for most buyers to weigh the factors of their dissatisfaction and I don't think it's a good enough justification for meddling with the markets, which MAP does. Let the market decide. Free markets are power to the people.

Reactions: ChadD and Lady01
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
MAP doesn't meddle with the markets - it helps GOOD dealers by keeping BAD dealers from running GOOD dealers out of business.

Let's agree to disagree.

W

WFB

Jan 28, 2021
ST. JOHN`S, NL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hard to do when they immediately called them and forced them to raise their price. So you believe in price gouging? So much for free market.
BTW, Hard Cabs cab is not made in the US........... YET STILL THE HIGHER THAN HONDA OEM COST. FOR THE PRICE THEY ASK THE CAB SHOULD BE MADE IN THE US!

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!