Garmin VIRB Alternatives

Rackpioneer1000-5

Rackpioneer1000-5

Mar 5, 2017
Ross
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey guys. Saw a few videos on YouTube of guys using a garmin VIRB to shoot video. What really caught my eye was how the video shows your vertical degree pitch and roll of the machine. The VIRB is pretty pricy so was wondering if anyone using something similar to measure your machine pitch and roll. Nice info to have on the trail. D22f99a53b74cb6a77b3863afff14987

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Garmin Virb XE... you won't regret it

Agree with fubar here. I have a GoPro too... is does paper weight duty on my desk now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
To me..wat that's showing...you
feel..& see...while driving.....
I'm I correct....

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was admiring the cooI videos from the Take Over but am a bit out of touch on this camera business but known I never cared for the Go Pro as my sister is always frustrated with with hers .

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
are you able to combine videos with the over lay if using garmin and go pro together? Have a gopro but wanting to add one of the Virb's to my collection. However also considering selling the gopro and doing 2 garmins. would like to have one in the front and one in the rear like @drfubar has been doing lately. really like how you can swap what the main video is and whats in the PIP

Reactions: drfubar
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
are you able to combine videos with the over lay if using garmin and go pro together? Have a gopro but wanting to add one of the Virb's to my collection. However also considering selling the gopro and doing 2 garmins. would like to have one in the front and one in the rear like @drfubar has been doing lately. really like how you can swap what the main video is and whats in the PIP
Yeah, pretty much. It's built into the Garmin software and when you download the raw video into the program it will recognize that you have multiple videos taken at the same time. It will ask you if you want to combine the two or three or four videos for editing. I would say if you have the Garmin software you can download the video from your GoPro. Doubt if you can synchronize the cameras like the Garmins. When I turn on my primary camera the "satellite" cameras turn on too so they all are recording at the same time. I'd sell the GoPro to a friend and purchase a couple of Garmin's knowing what I know. ;)

Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
awesome, exactly what i needed to know. Im thinking id get a Ultra 30 or XE and a elite (right now the XE is about $100 less than the 30). since the elite is $150 i think that would be fine for a rear facing camera.

great information. thanks!

Reactions: JTW and ohanacreek

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!