P1000 Michigan Trail maps for Garmin GPS

R

Riverwalker

May 3, 2017
Mt Pleasant Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm looking for high quality maps I could buy on an SD card for My Garmin 64s GPS for Michigan trails. I would like it would have this years updates for the new forestry roads that have been opened to ORV's over 50 inches. When I look at the DNR website its a little over whelming because it looks like open roads go into closed roads and roads only open to ORVs under 50 inches. I like to follow the rules and ride only in open and legal places but I'm afraid with out a mapping system it will be hard to follow the rules. When I go to Garmin's websites I see they have a hunting map with land owners names and in side bar says trails but I'm not sure if that is my best options and would like some advice. Mainly looking for maps in Northern lower Michigan.

Thank you

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'm looking for high quality maps I could buy on an SD card for My Garmin 64s GPS for Michigan trails. I would like it would have this years updates for the new forestry roads that have been opened to ORV's over 50 inches. When I look at the DNR website its a little over whelming because it looks like open roads go into closed roads and roads only open to ORVs under 50 inches. I like to follow the rules and ride only in open and legal places but I'm afraid with out a mapping system it will be hard to follow the rules. When I go to Garmin's websites I see they have a hunting map with land owners names and in side bar says trails but I'm not sure if that is my best options and would like some advice. Mainly looking for maps in Northern lower Michigan.

Thank you
VV Mapping is what you want. I have that for my Garmin, he is really good with the trails for Michigan, it also helps that it’s his home state. I have a place in the Gaylord area and it’s spot on on all the trails for Michigan. He will give u an SD card loaded on it that fits right in your Garmin and you get free updates for a year. Not sure if he has the state lands loaded quite yet, but it should be soon.
VVMapping.com

Reactions: Gumby and trigger
R

Riverwalker

May 3, 2017
Mt Pleasant Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
VV Mapping is what you want. I have that for my Garmin, he is really good with the trails for Michigan, it also helps that it’s his home state. I have a place in the Gaylord area and it’s spot on on all the trails for Michigan. He will give u an SD card loaded on it that fits right in your Garmin and you get free updates for a year. Not sure if he has the state lands loaded quite yet, but it should be soon.
VVMapping.com

Thank you very much this is the information I needed.

Reactions: Remington

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!