Gas smell and cab heat

S

Semaj3

Jun 1, 2020
US
Hi all, couple quick questions. I have a 2016 1000-5 we bought used 2 years ago. It has been unbelievable hot this year, already, so I need to do something about the cab/ seat heat. What are the best ways to keep the heat down? Second is the gas smell that comes up on long rides. Anyone else have a strong gas smell in the cab and if so how did you fix it? Just some general info, I have the hard doors installed and a glass windshield. The windshield does vent. Thank in advance got any advice.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hi all, couple quick questions. I have a 2016 1000-5 we bought used 2 years ago. It has been unbelievable hot this year, already, so I need to do something about the cab/ seat heat. What are the best ways to keep the heat down? Second is the gas smell that comes up on long rides. Anyone else have a strong gas smell in the cab and if so how did you fix it? Just some general info, I have the hard doors installed and a glass windshield. The windshield does vent. Thank in advance got any advice.

Extending the vent line from the fuel tank will help with the gas fumes or at least get it up out of your face.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

What @Hillbillytnt said for the gas issue. As for the heat, install a bilge fan under the seat with a switch to expel the heat. Works wonders.
Theres alot of threads of how people did this in many configurations if you search it on here.

also, Welcome from Michigan!
We Haven't seen any pics of your machine yet!

unspoken gospel around here is..
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Remove doors and windshield.

S

Semaj3

Jun 1, 2020
US
Thanks for the feedback. If I extend the fuel tank vent line, where's the best place to route it? I seen 1 person vent if up under the hood. I have the under seat storage so I'm not sure if I can mount a fan. Removing the doors and window, not really an option. I'll post some pictures after I clean it up. I have learned a lot by reading post on here.

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks for the feedback. If I extend the fuel tank vent line, where's the best place to route it? I seen 1 person vent if up under the hood. I have the under seat storage so I'm not sure if I can mount a fan. Removing the doors and window, not really an option. I'll post some pictures after I clean it up. I have learned a lot by reading post on here.

Run the vent line up the ROPS on the passenger side towards the top at the roof. Your bilge Fan does not mound where your storage is under the seat mounts in the middle of the seat where the engine is pointing towards your exhaust headers that’s where your heat is coming from

Reactions: Rayger143
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hay @Semaj3 where is the US? Is that the 51state? Lol

Reactions: Rayger143
S

Semaj3

Jun 1, 2020
US
Run the vent line up the ROPS on the passenger side towards the top at the roof. Your bilge Fan does not mound where your storage is under the seat mounts in the middle of the seat where the engine is pointing towards your exhaust headers that’s where your heat is coming from
Ok I'll look into the fan. I have an extra switch I can use for it.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok I'll look into the fan. I have an extra switch I can use for it.

Welcome from BC! Try searching your mod questions. It’s how I learned a lot. Lot of good people here with great info.

• Love
Reactions: Remington
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

May not be something you WANT to do, but surely IS an option. If you choose not to remove them, then it WILL be hot in the summer.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!