Getting behind the cluster

MX4life320

MX4life320

Jan 10, 2022
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I am trying to pull the black plastic out to get behind the cluster and steering wheel. I've removed quite a few screws, and fasteners and there's always another one. Is there a quick way or better way to get behind there? I've already pulled the part below the windshield, but I have big hands and for wiring and mounting things I think pulling the dash out would help a lot.

Thanks in advance.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I am trying to pull the black plastic out to get behind the cluster and steering wheel. I've removed quite a few screws, and fasteners and there's always another one. Is there a quick way or better way to get behind there? I've already pulled the part below the windshield, but I have big hands and for wiring and mounting things I think pulling the dash out would help a lot.

Thanks in advance.
What year machine? Need to know what your trying to do? relocate from the center dash to stereing or trying to get into a newer talon on the sterring? Thats why we need Model info and Pics of what your trying to do. It goes a long way for us to help you.

Speaking of pics, we have none from you yet of your rig!
Pics or It Didnt Happen!

Reactions: Robobrainiac
MX4life320

MX4life320

Jan 10, 2022
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Sorry, heres the unit. I am trying to install a Rough Country winch to it and get the toggle switch mounted to the left side of the dash. Ill get some more photos tonight. I bought the unit used and they had installed 2 lights and a whip on it, so where the knock outs for the toggle switches were are full and Ill be putting another bay on the left side, almost behind where the paddle shifter is, for the winch.

TalonHay

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sorry, heres the unit. I am trying to install a Rough Country winch to it and get the toggle switch mounted to the left side of the dash. Ill get some more photos tonight. I bought the unit used and they had installed 2 lights and a whip on it, so where the knock outs for the toggle switches were are full and Ill be putting another bay on the left side, almost behind where the paddle shifter is, for the winch.

View attachment 380258
Nice buggy!

Are u talking about the angled triangled sections to the left and right of the dash?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thats where i want to mount too, yes and I have big hands ao getting in there from the front is right especially with w/ other wiring in there.
Try taking the cowling off, the painted pice by the hood where your window rests on. That will give u better access. You will have to take your 1/2 windshield off

MX4life320

MX4life320

Jan 10, 2022
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Try taking the cowling off, the painted pice by the hood where your window rests on. That will give u better access. You will have to take your 1/2 windshield off
Yes, ive got that off, I figured it wouldnt be too hard to get the dash off for even more room, but It sounds like its not easy. HA! Ill work with the cowl off.
Thanks everyone!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes, ive got that off, I figured it wouldnt be too hard to get the dash off for even more room, but It sounds like its not easy. HA! Ill work with the cowl off.
Thanks everyone!
If u get that dash off there is still a box there

J

JumptChaneAZ

The easiest way I've found to do it is to just remove the cowl and then pull the left front fender inner liner and access it though the fender well or the top. That way, it's just a few easily accessible bolts and the push pin clips.

Reactions: Remington
T

tmbrcruizr

Dec 19, 2022
Louisiana
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
If you want it to spool off the top, put it upside down. Not related to the answer you were looking for, just a tip.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
that all seemed like a ton of work, im lazy, went up high

IMG 6085

Reactions: Remington

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!