Possibly pulling the trigger

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Me and wife currently have a 2018 pioneer 1000-5 and looking into a talon to add for more comfortable seating. She wants a 2 seater. I want a 4 seater. I don’t necessarily want to take passengers but like the room. I really like being able to reach into the bed on the pioneer which doesn’t look like an option nor is it an option to keep a cooler between ya and I’m a storage nut. Whatever might be needed. So therefore I want the 4. Doesn’t look like I’m going to win So my question is what have you guys done for this in the 2 seater? Also I do see a lot of length issues with the 4 seaters on trails around here.

M

mmjsport

Apr 23, 2021
California
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ive ridden many trails through out the last almost year and in a few different states in my R4. Never once did I have issues in trails due to length. A few places I’ve had to reverse once though when the two seaters in the group did not have to but it was no big deal. But since I came from two different two seaters, I already knew I wanted the 4 seater for extra room. So don’t discount it if you get permission. The extra room is priceless when it’s needed.

lowranger

lowranger

Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2020
Northern California
Ownership

1. Talon X
so in the 2 seaters has anyone done some custom storage overhead or in the bed other than bags or boxes like I’ve seen in the threads? I like the ammo can idea.
I added a rack in the rear just below the roof line. Box in the bed. Rack on top of the box for an ice chest. Bags overhead in the cab and bag between the seats.
IMG 20240324 132636321 HDR

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I added a rack in the rear just below the roof line. Box in the bed. Rack on top of the box for an ice chest. Bags overhead in the cab and bag between the seats.View attachment 423918
I seen this on the search forum but didn’t see if he was going to keep making them. I think it was back in 20. This would be nice

IMG 1943 IMG 1944

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I ve been searching and reading about heaters. Do they all mount under the hood? What do those do for air intake? Is that routed back to the cab also?

Reactions: Rayger143
O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have watched a few install videos but have not seen anything about the intake.

Reactions: Rayger143
A

adudes

Supporting Member
Jul 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
so in the 2 seaters has anyone done some custom storage overhead or in the bed other than bags or boxes like I’ve seen in the threads? I like the ammo can idea.
If you are looking for more bed space, Dirt Road Fabrication makes a bed extender/spare tire holder that Is pricey but those who have it says it's worth every penny

A

adudes

Supporting Member
Jul 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Talon X4 LV
I added a rack in the rear just below the roof line. Box in the bed. Rack on top of the box for an ice chest. Bags overhead in the cab and bag between the seats.
What rack is that behind the roof? Homemade?

O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have the rigid version of these in my pioneer but they are mounted on an elevated rack to keep bed space for spare, jack and empty refreshment holders. Like it but think same thing would eliminate any view from a center mounted mirror in the talon. All honesty I will probably reuse them in the talon but seeing if there is any unique ideas out there

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have the rigid version of these in my pioneer but they are mounted on an elevated rack to keep bed space for spare, jack and empty refreshment holders. Like it but think same thing would eliminate any view from a center mounted mirror in the talon. All honesty I will probably reuse them in the talon but seeing if there is any unique ideas out there
Depending on the config you use, you can have complete view or none at all. AJK offroad has a mount for them that sits in the back nicely.
With the ridges you do have the issues in the P1. I did the packouts in my P1 using the backing plates on the back part of the seats. Makes it still very useful

Reactions: O2bsmitty
O2bsmitty

O2bsmitty

Mar 29, 2018
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Depending on the config you use, you can have complete view or none at all. AJK offroad has a mount for them that sits in the back nicely.
With the ridges you do have the issues in the P1. I did the packouts in my P1 using the backing plates on the back part of the seats. Makes it still very useful
Man are any mounts for the boxes pricey. I like being able to slide a spare under them in the pk1 but I don’t think that is going to be an option on a talon. Looking at the tailgates with spare mounts. As far as configuration I have the cooler the mid sized box and 2 small boxes on the pk1. Spring and fall are the worst for needing room because of extra clothing. But with the door mods it provides plenty of storage.

Reactions: Remington and Coeus
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Man are any mounts for the boxes pricey. I like being able to slide a spare under them in the pk1 but I don’t think that is going to be an option on a talon. Looking at the tailgates with spare mounts. As far as configuration I have the cooler the mid sized box and 2 small boxes on the pk1. Spring and fall are the worst for needing room because of extra clothing. But with the door mods it provides plenty of storage.
You get what you pay for. Buy once Cry once😉

Reactions: O2bsmitty and Coeus

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!